SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Blue Blocker Glasses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Blocker Glasses Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone used these and noticed any results? My wife bought me a pair telling me it would reduce eye strain using my tablet or phone. I see no difference. I said it's like buying those whistles only a dog can hear. How do you know if the thing is working if only a dog can hear it?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I have blue blocker as indicated by the reflected tint.

I'm not sure if it's beneficial though. Certainly not at a daily level that I can detect - perhaps it's a long term thing.

It's just part of the premium AR coating I get; blue block is included. Not sure I would pay extra for it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Cleveland Clinic:
quote:

Only reason I had heard of them is I have a acquaintance who her and her sister have every disease known to women's magazines (i.e. seemingly every disease they read about in a superficial magazine is what ails them). She read an article about hypersensitivity to light and of course ran out purchased blue blocker glasses, demanded her employer switch from flourescent to LED lighting, etc. Roll Eyes

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
“Blue light” glasses are being heavily promoted in the gaming space (video games) to reduce eye strain and help with sleep. I have a pair. Nothing fancy. $40 off of Amazon. I work on screens all day, up to 14 hours a day. Jury is out for me so far. But I’m in the “testing” phase with them.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12627 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tl;dr: worked to an extent, but not necessarily amazing.

I have some in reading glasses form. They do work a bit as I stare at a work laptop all day. But, they also altered colors. White walls became sepia toned, for example. While reading text, the color didn’t matter. I didnt use them after work.

They were on the heavier side. Found some lighter weight cheaters for more comfort, sans blue blocker filter.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post