SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Always with the negative waves Moriarty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Always with the negative waves Moriarty Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
Whether first world problems, like the election results, or benign things like the McRib, there is a lot of negative posts.

Why is it, that people have to push negative energy on posts?

It is misaligning my chakras, and makes my aura need cleansing.

Like a bad neighborhood dog that comes and craps on your lawn, it doesn't contribute anything to the thread.

Is it the weather?
Time of year?

I try to make my posts at least somewhat relevant, and not just +1 or I haven't XXXXXX in 20 years, and I can't believe you XXXXX, or something like that.....

It's harshing the Forum's vibe, man.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

As an example, one of the unique things that used to routinely occur here were the protection photos (cooking dinner and taking a picture with a gun). However, they have decreased at least an order of magnitude, and I can't help but to attribute to the negative responses.

TR had a great rebuttal to the critics:
quote:
“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

—Theodore Roosevelt
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:

Is it the weather?
Time of year?

I think it's just current times and I know quite a lot of people that are negative right now.
Everything is expensive, doesn't seem to be much good in the world anymore and just a feeling of blah.
I get it. I still get up every morning but it weighs the day down sometimes.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Reality is never all or nothing. Pollyanna is no more accurate than Debbie Downer. Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Pollyanna is no more accurate than Debbie Downer.

A nice example of a straw man argument for my files.
Who said anything suggesting that Pollyanna is more accurate or preferable to negativity?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6940091294

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
I always thought the "Whats Your Deal" forum was supposed to be a gripe session. Negative?...If not here, then where?

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I just can't get my aura clean, no matter what I use. Maybe some MEK?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rebut10:
I always thought the "Whats Your Deal" forum was supposed to be a gripe session.

Um, ….
Take another look at the original post here. It’s not about negativity in this section, it’s about the unrelenting negativity that shows up in every conceivable thread elsewhere.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Pollyanna is no more accurate than Debbie Downer.

A nice example of a straw man argument for my files.
Who said anything suggesting that Pollyanna is more accurate or preferable to negativity?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6940091294

I think the point is that if you refuse to be negative, that by default makes you a Pollyanna. I think it makes the negative folks feel better about themselves to rationalize their self controlled constant state of misery as them being “enlightened” while those who refuse to act that way are dullards.

When the truth is probably closer to the so called Pollyanna’s are just those who refuse to buy into the MSM narratives, the social media post, and the constant fear campaign that seems to drive the constant negative barrage that defines the downers.

Well, that and they seem to be incapable of being happy, so no one else is allowed to be happy.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
“If I had a gun and two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The shit has got to stop. Search my posts for the past few days and you tell me.

It's acid, corrosive. It eventually eats into everything unless it's stopped. I'm sick of members telling us about the worst possible scenarios they can imagine, and how this person or that person is going to not only escape justice, but to prosper as well. I'm sick of the idiotic conspiracy horse shit being spread around so carelessly.

I'm not asking for people to ignore our present circumstances and behave as if it's all blue skies and sweet milk. I'm asking for adult men to exhibit restraint while these battles are being fought.

Over and over I have asked this of the members. I have explained my position on this, more than once and no further explanation or asking should be necessary.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. We are in a good position to stop any new crazy legislation and undo a good part of the past damage.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Some are just unhappy in their own personal life and you know the saying right? Misery loves company. To these few the sky is falling and they want others to join in. I refuse. I will still cuss, call a spade a spade but I do honestly try to pull back and keep my straight up bitching to this section of the forum which I do use on occasion, profusely. Foreigners flooding into my area, the traffic, the Kalifornian invasion and such. I’m living in hell. But I’m not going to turn this forum into it for fuksakes.

I voted, exercising my American civic duty and that’s all I can do. Fuck that election. What is done is done and there is nothing I can do about it. No bitching, pissing, and moaning is going to do anything about it. Life goes on. I remember what a friend told me about his AA journey. He said they teach control what you can control, and the rest of the shit, just let it go. I’ll be the first to admit that the general shift of everything to certain age groups drives me nuts. The behavior of drivers, consumers at the grocery store, and the idiots at the gym, oh my.

It’s just time to harden the fuck up. Watch Chopper. He’ll remind your ass.

https://youtu.be/Kn5Auz1KkBw

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Some people are just a wet blanket.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by rebut10:
I always thought the "Whats Your Deal" forum was supposed to be a gripe session.

Um, ….
Take another look at the original post here. It’s not about negativity in this section, it’s about the unrelenting negativity that shows up in every conceivable thread elsewhere.

But it is a tiny irony that the gripe about negativity is itself negative.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Yep, like I said.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
In a life of Moriarty's
Be more like Brian!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post