SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm interested in buying your..........!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm interested in buying your..........! Login/Join 
posted
OK, fine, then do SHOW up at the time mentioned and with cash.

I have a few Ham radio items for sale on local Craigslist and three people emailed me with their intent on buying same....

But, I wait and they no show.

So, the stuff I mentioned went to the local Electronics store that buys surplus goods and marks up at least 50% for retail.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Good stuff is hard to find.

Can't imagine finding it and not going through with the deal. Confused

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't done Craigslist in over ten years. The only way I would
meet anybody would be in a police station.

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
When I have had some ham radio items for sale or interested in purchasing equipment I let it be known 1st come 1st served and no BS. Have seen too many times people trying to get items for pennies on the dollar and then possibly trying to re-sale the used item at full retail price without any warranty. Or trying to sell equipment for full price or greater than new with no warranty that has had internal electronic modifications that are legal but are not factory authorized. Sold as is-- no warranty-- no returns due to parts changers.......Operators that swoop in on the family of a Silent Key (SK) trying to or do buy the equipment for pennies on the dollar so they can resell for a profit for themselves rather than selling for the family of the deceased ... Some but not all ham radio operators can be just as untruthful and untrustworthy as you could find any Craigslist or simular platform. ................................ drill sgt..(kl7jiu)

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I thought this was going to be about your house. I get letters, texts, phone calls every week from people who want to buy my house. Not a single one includes the one critical thing that would make me consider it: a number.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the opposite issue. Was trying to buy myself a used bicycle recently. I had a 20% win rate or less getting sellers to return my initial contact attempts.

On the sell side, I really appreciate offers to buy for 50% or less of my asking price sight unseen.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have met some nice people on Craigslist and helped some in their project.

I have had only three bad experiences with young people when they tried to steal some plastic barrels.
One was loading them in the car without paying and the other had put the payment under the door mat but was $5 short per barrel.

A third party was loading the barrels in a large truck while I was in the backyard and lucky I went up front and caught them. It is possible that they could have driven off without paying.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
I haven't done Craigslist in over ten years. The only way I would
meet anybody would be in a police station.

My local police have two parking spaces in their lot for exactly this purpose. I have bought and sold a few items and everyone I have dealt with is happy with this setup.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I wish you had posted the ham radio items on this forum. I am looking for a first HF rig.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I wish you had posted the ham radio items on this forum. I am looking for a first HF rig.

Items for sale were not HF related.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I love a good sales rant.

Sell lawn mower to some guy for $100. He looks it over. He likes it. He knows the price. He says he will take it. He doesn't negotiatiate the price.

Help him load it into his car, and then he says, "I'm only going to give you $75. I'm not going to pay you any more than that."

"The hell you are. The price WAS $100. The price has now INCREASED to $125 because of your shit attitude and demeanor. Hand me $125 cash right here, right now, or the mower comes back out of your trunk."

The time to negotiate the price of something is BEFORE the guy helps you load it into your car for 5 minutes.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

The time to negotiate the price of something is BEFORE the guy helps you load it into your car for 5 minutes.

So, did he buy it or not?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post