SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Free shipping with $50 purchase!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free shipping with $50 purchase! Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Lovely.

The item I want is $49.95. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Happens all the time to me. One order, I was pennies away from free shipping, the shipping cost for that order was going to be something like seventeen bucks.

The cheapest thing in their catalog was $1.89 -- I don't remember what it was, but it was something totally useless. I added it to my order, and shipping went from seventeen bucks, to free.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably by design. Typical retail type of gimmick. Kind of like the sale that isn't.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The cheapest thing in their catalog was $1.89

Yep... I got the shaft on this one. Shipping is six bucks, and the least-expensive add-on item I could grab was 14. Ehh... I'll just pretend the six bucks goes directly to my regular UPS driver -- he's a good fella.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought a pin or spring or three from Brownells over the years to make the shipping cutoff.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or they charge outrageous shipping prices to start with.

I recently got an email from everygunpart dot com for 25% off. Most of their stuff is pricey, but they did have a few scopes. I found an older Weaver Marksman that was in rough shape (but had scope caps that I needed) for around $9. I added to the cart, proceed to checkout, and the cheapest shipping option was around $16. I would pay up to $10 for USPS Priority, but this was a little much IMHO.

Posts: 489 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Socks. Whenever I get caught in that trap, I throw in a pair of socks.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post