SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lil Nas X on SNL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lil Nas X on SNL Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
What the hell did I just watch? I saw an episode of SNL I hadn't seen (I know, it blows. Keep that for another thread) and Lil Nas X was the musical guest.

First thought: Who the hell is Lil Nas X?

Then I watched it. How the FUCK does this crap get on network TV? I would not have wanted my kids to watch that. I also don't give two shits about it being all men. I would have felt the same way if this was a totally heterosexual 'performance'.

Kudos to you (or I'm sorry) if you make it until the end.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive liked much of his music. He’s talented but has always definitely been a flamboyant And extreme performer and person who gives zero fucks what other people think, and has got backlash from it, which he promptly ignores.

We are in agreement that there’s much of his performativity that i wouldn’t want my kids seeing, but my mom said the same thing about Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys back in the day, and the intermediate generations have said about Miley Cyrus joining many other provocative and overtly sexual performers throughout the years, televised or otherwise.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was gross.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strange that he was performing in front of a pulsing vaginal cavity for the first minute of the video, given his proclivity towards the same sex. Then again, maybe it was a colon.

His entry into bro country music with Billy Ray Cyrus was entertaining enough.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Where’s the little puking emogee?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Ive liked much of his music. He’s talented but has always definitely been a flamboyant And extreme performer and person who gives zero fucks what other people think, and has got backlash from it, which he promptly ignores.

We are in agreement that there’s much of his performativity that i wouldn’t want my kids seeing, but my mom said the same thing about Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys back in the day, and the intermediate generations have said about Miley Cyrus joining many other provocative and overtly sexual performers throughout the years, televised or otherwise.

Everything I read about him isn't about how incredible his talent is, how deep his lyrics are, his revolutionary use of the SynthKazoo, but instead how he pisses off the Squares. And depending on who's telling you the story, it's either the bravest most awesome thing ever, or the literal fall of all of Western Civilization.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Alex
I’ll go for the Fall of Western Civilization for $1000

God has to be very disappointed with the way some people are acting.

Makes me wonder if John Todd was right all along.
I believe he was.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing what passes for talent these days. Roll Eyes
Will we be listening to his greatest hits album 50 years from now?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I'd say you simply wasted your time watching something you knew you wouldn't care for (current SNL)... Roll Eyes

DID you watch the VMAs last night too? Eek
I only now about this because Anthony Cumia brought it up today on his TACS..

Try to do something more productive with your time.
Like get more sleep.... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to hide something from me forever, put it on SNL.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This guy has to put shock value in his show because the music is banal. There is nothing appreciable here. Neither in an Apollonian nor Dionysian viewpoint. It’s just ordinary at best.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I hate all of this shit. Little NAS X - WAP _ Saweetie, all of it. McDonalds recently teamed up with Saweetie for the Saweetie meal. A sampling of Saweetie lyrics:

Rich nigga, eight-figure, that's my type
That's my type, nigga that's my type
Eight-inch big, ooh, that's good pipe
Bad bitch, I'ma ride the dick all night

It's all lewd garbage to distract from the fact that they are talentless hacks.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
A sampling of Saweetie lyrics
Good grief.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I'd say you simply wasted your time watching something you knew you wouldn't care for (current SNL)... Roll Eyes

DID you watch the VMAs last night too? Eek
I only now about this because Anthony Cumia brought it up today on his TACS..

Try to do something more productive with your time.
Like get more sleep.... Big Grin

The VMAs have been pointless for years. At least SNL may give me one chuckle per month.

quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
Bad bitch, I'ma ride the dick all night

Does that event count as rhyming?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
This guy has to put shock value in his show because the music is anal.

There, I fixed it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't like his music and pay him no attention. Haven't heard anything but the dumb country song.

But pissing off squares is great and I wholeheartedly support such endeavors.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, you define squares as people who don't like hearing "Nigga," about "eight inch pipes" and "riding me all night?" Nice.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
There, I fixed it.

Alright, that cracked me up!

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
So, you define squares as people who don't like hearing "Nigga," about "eight inch pipes" and "riding me all night?" Nice.

Biching about what some/any provocative musician is doing has been square since Elvis was new.

It's also true that being particularly offended or such over a sexual innuendo is being square squared.

It's 2021, Fred, not the Victorian Era, or the 1950s. You're living Downtown Squaresville, buddy.

And I think no differently of you for it. I'm sure you're a good man, generally. Zero sarcasm there...

But oh so square if this sort of thing gets your knickers twisted... (which is different from not being a fan)

It and zillions of things like it have been around for ages now. It's not only not shocking, it's nearly passe.

Excessive social conservatism only really exists in tiny, sheltered, pockets. It's a big world, man.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally adolescent, man. There's a time and place. And if "Nigga" is such free social expression, go to the nearest MLK Boulevard and shout it at people. After all, art, you know. And no, this is not the Victorian era. This is the era of lethal STDs, abortion in the millions, murder in the streets and crapping on the sidewalk. Call me a square all you like, we were MUCH better off when we upheld SOME moral standards.