SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Find a store near you."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Find a store near you." Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
I know it's not a problem most people have to deal with and it's not the end of the world. I suppose it's not really the software's fault but this is the norm, it can be very frustrating.

The closest store that has the part I need.

Thanks, you're a big F'ing help.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ha, I feel your pain. The nearest Mercury outboard dealer to our house in MI is only 40 miles away, across Lake Huron on Drummond Island.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
If the auto parts store will deliver to the Bridgeport ferry——>Port Jefferson.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Somewhere within the blast radius of a low-yield nuke.

Aight...

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just a swim across the pond. What's the problem?

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
If the auto parts store will deliver to the Bridgeport ferry——>Port Jefferson.

$130 for the ferry, another $20-$30 in gas… the part is about $11 Big Grin

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
So what’s the scale here?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing it’s about 18 miles or so.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I used to live on Long Island, and this annoyed the crap out of me.
The "find a store" function should be based on drive time rather than miles.
Or at least give the user the option.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

The "find a store" function should be based on drive time rather than miles. Or at least give the user the option.
Shouldn't be that tough for a competent software designer. Google maps, and other similar apps, show drive time and can even take traffic conditions into account.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
'Near' is subjective. Out here that could mean 150 miles. Razz

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Out there 150 miles would be a two hour drive. It can take me two hours to get close to the left side of that map lol.

I rarely go south, mostly go north. Which means all my trips basically start with an hour plus drive in the wrong direction.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
That happens sometimes here too. 15 miles away is out on the peninsula, of course driving there is another story.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
This might be one of those instances where the Amazon delivery drones can really shine.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post