SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    WTH? Mags, too?!?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTH? Mags, too?!?! Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Did some back-logged pistol cleaning earlier today and realized I had only two Wilson mags and the one original mag for my 10mm Kimber Custom II GFO. So off I went to a couple places to order a couple more Wilson 47NX mags. Top Gun: Out of stock. Gun Mag Warehouse: Out of stock. The Wilson store had stock, but dinner was ready and I didn't get back to it until just now. Now out of stock.

Is this shortage nonsense ever going to end?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to order a stereo from Crutchfield.

The model I want has been out of stock for months.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wilson 47NX mags
I see a few on Ebay.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I buy a gun, I usually buy a number of magazines for it. You never know when they will be available in future.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a couch. Nothing custom. 14 week wait. Mad

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Wilson 47NX mags
I see a few on Ebay.

Yeah... I'm thinkin' about it. Problem with eBay is, like Amazon, little assurance what you're getting is what you bought.

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
When I buy a gun, I usually buy a number of magazines for it. You never know when they will be available in future.

Agreed, and I do, too. Not as many as some here are wont to do, but I make sure I'm adequately covered.

Thing is: I tend not to acquire "a lot" of magazines until I've had a chance to shoot the pistol and make sure I'm keeping it. I did that, but forgot to follow-up on the additional magazines purchase.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you don't need them right now, both Top Gun and Greg Cote will email you when they're back in stock.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i went through this same process over the last year. I like to have six mags per pistol I have. It has been a chore to find them all. I am still searching for some.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you don't need them right now, both Top Gun and Greg Cote will email you when they're back in stock.

Greg Kote apparently does not stock that one, because he doesn't list it at all. Neither, apparently, does GunClips. I put myself on the notification lists for both TGS and Gun Mag Warehouse.

But, just now I said "To hell with it" and ordered from the one eBay seller that lists them. The seller has a 100% rating out of thousands.

I also ordered one more than I'd planned--just as I did, last night, for my EMP. I think I may go through my inventory and bump my stock of spare mags by one or two across the board.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
eBay can be the place to go when you need a less than ten round mag now.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Greg Kote apparently does not stock that one
It's quite possible that Greg could order it for you if he deals with that manufacturer, even though he does not stock the specific item.

Example: I wanted a Hogue product. Greg does not carry that item on his website, but he does stock other Hogue things. I emailed him, gave him the Hogue SKU number, and asked if he could get it for me the next time he placed an order with Hogue. He replied that he could do that, and he did.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
GunClips.net came through for me for the Springfield EMP mags I wanted. In fact: When the USPS status showed "package acceptance pending" for two days, I emailed him and got a very prompt response. (It turned out to be a USPS snafu. They arrived today.)

The eBay seller from which I ordered the Wilson mags for my Kimber 10mm came through for me, too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
eBay can be the place to go when you need a less than ten round mag now.

Yeah, and that's where I saw the jacked up prices on OEM Seecamp .32acp magazines.

A few idiots wanted $150 plus shipping for a $35 magazine.

Fortunately Seecamp now has them in stock at a more reasonable price.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
We just got 47NX magazines back in stock.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
We just got 47NX magazines back in stock.

Top Gun is good to deal with.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post