SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    the only thing missing on 2024 Cadillac
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the only thing missing on 2024 Cadillac Login/Join 
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
It isn't that it looks particularly bad, but $200K...nope.

Although, I heard years ago that in other countries Caddies are the go-to status symbol in cars. Places where Mercedes and BMWs are like Chevy and Ford here I would imagine.

This may be aimed at the new-money Chinese

I remember reading that BUICK of all things is a big status symbol brand over there. Buick? Big Grin

IIRC, the last Chinese Emperor drove a Buick.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
A 19 YO Redheaded Hooker named Candy?

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I am surprised that anyone would disparage a car manufacturer for creating a halo vehicle, one that requires the utmost to create, and meets the individual owner's specs. Rolls Royce, Bentley, and Mercedes Benz all have these attributes.

GM is an amazing company, with the market presence to transform vehicles from ICE to EV. They are led by people with vision and passion. I celebrate the Cadillac here, and wish them continued success.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
All I’m going to say to use a phrase from Obama,
“Never underestimate GM’s ability to f*** things up.”

I saw many examples of that after almost fifty years in dealership fixed operations, aka service, parts and body shops of GM dealerships.

And as an off topic, don’t be surprised if GM kills off Buick in the next few years. Sales are tanking together with product development at present.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
The grill's just not big enough for me

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
And the only one that can afford the Caddy, won’t know how to use most of the systems anyway. That was the case with my late aunt, couldn’t figure out the nav & most of the rest.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
This is aimed at Rolls and Bentley, and I hope they absolutely destroy them.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice the 4 figure horsepower estimate? I saw something recently where the head of the Michigan State Police stated that more people were killed in car accidents than by firearms here in Michigan. If this is true nationwide we should be considering horsepower limits on cars well before ripping up the Constitution for an assault weapons ban.

The fact is that even if it's an 8000 lbs. vehicle that much horsepower would still require a fairly high level of skill to operate safely. A level of skill that is nonexistent in almost every single Cadillac owner.

BTW, my brother in law just took delivery on a 2022 CT5 and for driving skills if the tires squeal he won't be behind the wheel. He drives like a 90 year old. I also know that he will need his son's help with all the doodads, the man won't even carry a cell phone. Good news he's great with my sister and they raised some wonderful kids.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did they decide that even electric cars look better with a front grill?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post