SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    “Oh, he’s friendly”
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Oh, he’s friendly” Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
I like dogs well enough. Mrs.BurtonRW doesn’t mind them, but isn’t as big a fan.

What we absolutely agree on is that we don’t give a flying rats ass if your dog is the friendliest creature to ever walk the earth.

We don’t want to meet it unless WE want to meet it. We don’t particularly want to be licked. We don’t particularly want to be shed on.

So take your friendly dog and put it on a fucking leash like the law requires, you entitled fuckwit!

That is all.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16259 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas! Smile

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
...and a happy new year! Wink

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I like dogs well enough. Mrs.BurtonRW doesn’t mind them, but isn’t as big a fan.

What we absolutely agree on is that we don’t give a flying rats ass if your dog is the friendliest creature to ever walk the earth.

We don’t want to meet it unless WE want to meet it. We don’t particularly want to be licked. We don’t particularly want to be shed on.

So take your friendly dog and put it on a fucking leash like the law requires, you entitled fuckwit!

That is all.

-Rob

My wife says she will put me on a leash so I don't come over and lick you in the ear Smile Smile Smile

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of larry starling
posted Hide Post
No leash law here in the country. Got a fenced in yard if you come over might be more of a case of getting bit v/s licked.

P-220R, SP2340
P-225 , SP2022
P-226 , P-239 X2
P-228 , GSR
P-229R, p-228R
p-220 carry
P-6,P-228R

Posts: 138 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

That is all.

-Rob

My wife says she will put me on a leash so I don't come over and lick you in the ear Smile Smile Smile

I’m not quite sure how to respond to that, but… thank your wife for me.

And just so we’re clear on the context here, this is basically suburbia we’re talking about. On public walking paths.

There are dog parks and your own damned yard if you want to let Fido run free.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16259 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Sounds like somebody's is having a case of the Mondays Fridays.

Seriously though, i have three dogs, all vero friendly and all stay on leash. I have though seen people at Dog Beach get upset because strange dogs run up to them (it’s a beach, off leash beach against the Pacific Ocean)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I agree 100%, and I LOVE dogs. I just think peopl are ignortant when it comes to dogs. That shit aint cute.

You're not letting you kid run up to strangers, keep that SOB dog away from me also. If I wanna see your dog or pet it, I'm ask first.

I've had more that one confrontation with people regarding their kids and dogs. "Take your ass back to you mama" is my standard response for annoying kids. I think I tend to be more accepting of the dogs, they don't know any better. Typically after a few hard knees to the chest, the owner realizes I don't want their freaking dog on me.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6238 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
If my dog doesn't....oh never mind. Merry Christmas

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10894 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've got a customer who insists his dog is friendly. Meanwhile, it's snarling and snapping at me as he stands between it and me to keep it from getting to me.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A word of warning though: If he does lay into you, it’s best to just let him finish.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I'm known as "Can't get along with anybody" at two properties because of dogs running loose and destroying my property. Big Grin

Cost one person $5K for a lawyer because the dogs were in his wife's name and he got off and avoided jail time.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Strangers: can I pet your dog?
Me: nope. She bites.

My pit bull really does bite so I don't let people pet her. She is always on leash except in our fenced yard or inside the house.

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Our German shepherd is not bad, likes to bark though. I don’t push her on non-dog people. If so inclined, I ask strangers to let her sniff you just a few seconds before you try to pet her. I want to keep her record clean.

Once she checks you out, then pet.

I can tell non-dog people when they have no clue if a boy or girl dog, even with a girly name. They may use ‘he’ even when told multiple times it’s a female dog, she does look male.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
"What's his name?" "Her name is Maggie." "Can I pet him?" Roll Eyes Happens all the time.

People, even dog people, suck sometimes. Two examples:

I get yelled at by a meathead for not having my dog under control. The crime? My then 9 month old dog ran up to his dog and looked at it. We are both inside the dog park where the dogs are supposed the roam free and play with other dogs. I then get a lecture about how the guy's dog is a certified therapy dog, blah, blah, blah.

Next example. My dog runs up to another dog on a beach without a public access point for a mile in either direction and this woman starts screaming at me that my dog needs to be on a leash. I explain that she's walking her dog on my property, that my dog does not need to be leashed on my property, and if she continues disturbing my peace I'm going to ask her to leave.

Posts: 10803 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
When being told that "he"s friendly" I usually reply "he has teeth" which the reply is usually he/has never bitten anyone.. In fact we are having a house guest fur baby so that a friend can visit his children and their families on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day because their big dogs do not get along with his minuature Schnauser (Bailey is a sweetheart) who is in my lap now while posting...... drill sgt.

Posts: 1947 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine: "Does your dog bite?

Dog Owner: "No, he doesn't."

Friend: "Then how does he eat?"

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
For some reason, I've never trusted anyone who doesn't like dogs and I've never trusted anyone my dogs didn't like.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I see a dog trying to get too close to me I just tell the owner to keep the dog away from me or it will be kicked away.

Posts: 471 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post