SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fun times today... Not! When the toilets run over in the floor the spousal unit expects action!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun times today... Not! When the toilets run over in the floor the spousal unit expects action! Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
That's my septic tank in the photos below and that's a wad of roots too heavy to pull by hand with a garden rake. They grew in between the lid and tank in multiple places. Some Copper Sulfate should keep the roots at bay for a while.

Hulk Jr... AKA "Bob"... AKA John Deere 1025R earned his keep today, but will definitely need a bath! Had it almost up to the elbow in the shit water.

Thankfully the 1000 gallon tank will not need to be pumped out.. even now after 45 years of use, including a garbage disposal and dish washer the entire time. There is an issue with both inlet and outlet pipes as they have settled some along with the back fill where they go across the over-dig for the tank, VERY common issue. I'll fix that. The imbedded chain hooks were rusted off the lids so I had to pry them up and run a chain all the way around them (not fun) to lift them with the loader. That will be fixed for next time with new galvanized eye bolts drilled through the lids before setting them back in place. My just added chain hooks on the tractor bucket worked perfectly to lift the lids.

At least we are expecting a few good days weather wise.

Worst thing is the field line not taking water as it should. Hoping that is just roots as well.

Fun Fun!

Anyone needs me you know where I'll be Eek

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I commend you on the site setup and barricades. Good on you for getting stuff done.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Messy stuff, I’ve done some of that.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The right tools make even a $itty job better. Good luck!

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah reminds me of my youth and having to be a plumber's helper.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Thank God for city sewer and water!

I would not ever want to screw around with septic systems or wells. NOPE

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
I commend you on the site setup and barricades.

Thanks, not many people or kids to worry about but LOTS of critters roaming around at night. Didn't want to have to fish fluffy out next morning!

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Stuff like this was something I did as part of my first career in the contracting business with my Dad. Dad ran the building and I had the Plumbing / Electrical end of the business and along with new builds we did service / maintenance work. But Dad wanted to retire and me working outside year around a lot along with getting older and then AIDS becoming a big deal I decided to find something else to do!