SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tired of this Gloomy weather
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tired of this Gloomy weather Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Last Weekend it was our big snowfall, ever since then, it's been cloudy, and of couse very damp.

Last two days, foggy, cloudy, perhaps Monday a chance of sunshine, but Wednesday, more rain, clouds.

The ground will take a month to dry out. Being housebound has made me a grouch I guess.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I saw the sun this morning!

For about 30 seconds.... Frown

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
You should try living in one of the mountain valleys out west. During the winter we get inversions that'll keep the valleys socked in for weeks at a time. Every once in awhile you need to climb up above it to see some blue sky and sunshine. Lots of seasonal affective disorder around here.

Constant crappy weather does get old. The flip side ain't much fun either though IMO. We are notoriously bone dry in the summers. You won't see a cloud in the sky for weeks/months. This year I measured 0.00" of rain throughout all of July and August. For me, that's equally as draining.

Give me some variety, man!

Posts: 20082 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you like variety, Florida is where it's at!

You can be getting a torrential downpour in the summer and have to wear sunglasses because it's blinding you, all at the same time!

Of course you have to be tolerant to oppressive heat and humidity as well. Big Grin

One thing that stuck with me in the Navy is it's always beautiful up there - you just need to keep climbing higher and higher - and sometimes your plane doesn't have the ass to get you above the clouds...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
The Seasonal Effective Disorder thing or the Winter Bleus as we used to call it, used to hit me hard.
But two things really helped, one was getting a few indoor hobbies I really enjoy like wood carving and the other was swapping out the incandescent bulbs in my home to the much brighter LEDs.
I now turn on all the lights and the added brightness really helps push the gloom of winter aside.
Perhaps the blues are just a perception thing but the effect is certainly tangible.

74 days till March first.... but who’s counting !?!?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Last Weekend it was our big snowfall, ever since then, it's been cloudy, and of couse very damp.

Last two days, foggy, cloudy, perhaps Monday a chance of sunshine, but Wednesday, more rain, clouds.

The ground will take a month to dry out. Being housebound has made me a grouch I guess.

I'm probably about 40 miles north of you and we just endured a weekend where it has rained another 2 inches. The good news is the snow has mostly melted. The bad news is we won't dry out until July.

I heard the weather guy say that 2018 is the wettest year in SW VA in recorded history....and that was before this weekends drenching.

DAM!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the recent snowfall, leading up to it, we were told repeatedly, that East of Richmond, we would get a "dusting". The dusting turned out to be 12 inches. I've often wondered, what you have to do to get fired as a TV weatherman, forget to comb your hair ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Lots of rain and fog here for the past couple weeks.
I am a snow fan and we have yet to have any.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25409 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean. In PA 2018 has been the wettest year I can remember. It was a cold wet spring, wet summer, cold wet fall and if it wasn't raining it was overcast for several days in a row. I think we've had more cloudy days than sunny days. I finally got fed up with the weather in PA so I loaded up my BMW R12GS in the back of my truck and drove out to Tucson, AZ. I arrived to 60+ degree temperatures and it's a joy to wear shorts and a tshirt in December. I've been getting some serious throttle therapy in over the next few days and have some great rides planned. The only downside is I have to go home on the 20th of December:-(

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This thread reminds me of a comic I view every morning that's taped to my bathroom mirror. Smile

image hosting url

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Gustofer hit it right on the head. In Western Montana, you might go a month before the sun shines. Thats exactly why we started finding sunny, warm spots to winter once we retired.

We spent 2 winters in Central Mexico and this is our second in Miramar Beach, Florida.

Sunshine, emerald water, white sand, warm tempuratures. And.......the sun shines.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

Here in Western Washington, our next chance of sunshine is mid April. Add to that I'm at 48°30' North (sunrise today 7:56 AM, Sunset 4:17 PM), and this is pretty much the weather forecast until 1 May, winters here are more miserable than when I lived in ND. At least when it was 30° below, the sunshine would come through the window.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post