SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Entitlement of creepy hunters, Va Diary year 4
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Entitlement of creepy hunters, Va Diary year 4 Login/Join 
posted
today more doggers running on my property.
my post to facebook residents groups.
quote:
To the idiots running dogs on private property on lea anna lane. The sherriff has been called as has dgif. If you step foot on my property i will prosecute you for trespass. Your dogs are on my property because my dog is in heat. Not because of deer. Get them out of here

Here are some of the genius responses.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I don't believe that hunting with dogs is "fair chase". And I'd be pissed off too if they were running through my property.

First I ever heard of it was from a buddy of mine from Florida when I was in the Army. I thought he was either kidding me or doing something illegal. Turns out it was perfectly legal there (not sure if it still is) and quite common.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is legal here also. It is not legal to run the dogs on property you do not own or lease for hunting. Owners have a right to retrieve by walking onto any property with out weapons. No driving no Weapons.

Owners of property are responsible for maintaining signes or paint marking stipulating either open to hunting{no marking), private land (yellow sign, purple paint written permission required to hunt there), or no trespassing (white red sign, purple paint/silver paint)

Owners can deny access to a property and cite for trespass and take trespassers to civil court. Hunters are required to show licenses to landowners upon request. Which is what i threatened to do.

Magically, my signs (no tresspassing white and red) were torn down this week. I will wait till after hunting season and put them all up again.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'd put up cameras.

Around these parts it is simply blaze orange paint on trees, fence posts, or whatever you choose to use as a boundary. Hunters are not allowed inside those boundaries. As of a few years ago, they are also required to ask permission...wasn't that way for many years, just the blaze orange.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
First I ever heard of it was from a buddy of mine from Florida when I was in the Army. I thought he was either kidding me or doing something illegal. Turns out it was perfectly legal there (not sure if it still is) and quite common.

Common here in Mississippi. The brush is really thick.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I'd put up cameras.

Around these parts it is simply blaze orange paint on trees, fence posts, or whatever you choose to use as a boundary. Hunters are not allowed inside those boundaries. As of a few years ago, they are also required to ask permission...wasn't that way for many years, just the blaze orange.

Two years ago they were rabbit/squirrel hunting on our property. my wife called dgif, we walked the property found 22lr shells and saw where they had stolen or destroyed 4 cameras. I have 4 up now.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
DSGrouse:

I am with you. I hate that so called "hunters" are allowed to drop their dogs off on one side of the county and then run their dogs and wildlife across your property and right into the waiting drunken buffoons with shotguns a mile away. It's gotten so bad that I have decided to catch the dogs, take the tracking collars off (chuck them in the landfill) and turn the dogs over to the pound. Sure, I understand that dogs can't read or know where property boundaries are, but the fuck stick that supposedly cares for the dog can. Just put the fucking dogs on leashes and use them to track. Assholes....the lot of them!

Before anyone goes on about stealing or destroying another persons property: It is such a nuisance that it causes accidents each year. Dogs and deer run right out into oncoming traffic. I have had to lock up the brakes on my vehicle so I didn't cream a jackass standing right on the edge of the road after dark trying to wrangle his dogs (of course while wearing camo and with no flaggers or lights). I am sure it will eventually become such an issue someone will be hurt over the whole nonsense. Once it does, they'll have ruined it for those that try to do things right.

Remind DGIF that:

On Posted Property
It is unlawful to hunt without written permission of the landowner and is punishable by a fine of up to $2500 and/or 12 months in jail.

On Unposted Property
It is unlawful to hunt any unposted property without permission of the landowner and is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
DSGrouse:

I am with you. I hate that so called "hunters" are allowed to drop their dogs off on one side of the county and then run their dogs and wildlife across your property and right into the waiting drunken buffoons with shotguns a mile away. It's gotten so bad that I have decided to catch the dogs, take the tracking collars off (chuck them in the landfill) and turn the dogs over to the pound. Sure, I understand that dogs can't read or know where property boundaries are, but the fuck stick that supposedly cares for the dog can. Just put the fucking dogs on leashes and use them to track. Assholes....the lot of them!

Before anyone goes on about stealing or destroying another persons property: It is such a nuisance that it causes accidents each year. Dogs and deer run right out into oncoming traffic. I have had to lock up the brakes on my vehicle so I didn't cream a jackass standing right on the edge of the road after dark trying to wrangle his dogs (of course while wearing camo and with no flaggers or lights). I am sure it will eventually become such an issue someone will be hurt over the whole nonsense. Once it does, they'll have ruined it for those that try to do things right.

Remind DGIF that:

On Posted Property
It is unlawful to hunt without written permission of the landowner and is punishable by a fine of up to $2500 and/or 12 months in jail.

On Unposted Property
It is unlawful to hunt any unposted property without permission of the landowner and is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Mutedblade. It is a huge fine to remove the tracking collars from the dogs, It is a federal regulation not state. Pen the dogs up, call animal control. make animal control take the dogs, not just have the owners come get them.

Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Here in Cecil County we have leash laws. The land owner can make dogs on his/her property go to doggie heaven if they wish. The dog's owner has no recourse. I give running dog(s) one time pass next time sorry and in the compost pile they go. Not to sound hardcore but we have chickens, rabbits, and sheep on the property to protect. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Wink

Meh....Still think it's a fucking joke to call oneself a "hunter" while running dogs. All they are doing is allowing the dogs to run the game to them. It's pissing off quite a few folks around me and there have been threats of bodily harm. I am an avid outdoorsman and hunter but this shit is ridiculous. Can't believe that others are allowed to trounce all over creation with no regard to the property of others. Folks have been rutting up driveways, cutting fences, and other shenanigans to gain access to their dogs and it costs nobody but the land owners. Time to start putting pressure on the sheriff I guess.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'd certainly figure out something 'less than lethal' to run the dogs off. Paintball gun or something. Douse them in red paint or some awful smelling goo.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I'd certainly figure out something 'less than lethal' to run the dogs off. Paintball gun or something. Douse them in red paint or some awful smelling goo.

Why? If they wanted their dogs & the money they invested in training and gear, they'd keep control of them. Simple enough I'd think.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Thanks for the heads up Wink

Meh....Still think it's a fucking joke to call oneself a "hunter" while running dogs. All they are doing is allowing the dogs to run the game to them. It's pissing off quite a few folks around me and there have been threats of bodily harm. I am an avid outdoorsman and hunter but this shit is ridiculous. Can't believe that others are allowed to trounce all over creation with no regard to the property of others. Folks have been rutting up driveways, cutting fences, and other shenanigans to gain access to their dogs and it costs nobody but the land owners. Time to start putting pressure on the sheriff I guess.

I agree completely

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

It has been tried and the man who did it was run through the cleaners. It was deemed animal cruelty.

But running deer for 20 miles is not.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah then its the 3 Ss.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Why should I have to mark MY property to keep people out? If it's not yours, IT'S NOT YOURS, keep out!

I got a different perspective on hunters after being peppered with shotgun pellets while working on my own property. No one had permission to be there. I yell and walk over a rise to find two bird hunters. They said the owner gave them permission. NOPE, I didn't. Then they said they didn't realize they wandered onto my property. I knew all the neighbors, none were the name they gave. Roll Eyes Both were armed and I was not. I could smell alcohol on them, so I just politely advised them only family was allowed to hunt that land.

Not well enforced, but in TN you need written permission from the owner on your person to hunt property you don't own. I don't know about the dog issue.

Two times unauthorized deer stands found on my place just went missing... and no evidence will ever be found.

I have a friend with over 1000 acres. When he finds a hunters vehicle parked on his property without permission they find 4 flat tires when they get back to it. No real damage done, he just temporarily confiscates all 4 valve stems. They can have them back if they walk to the house and ask nicely, no one ever has.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
more idiocy

posted Hide Post
DS, I think you're fighting a losing battle on Facebook trying to get others to acknowledge you are in the right, or even that you might have a point. That's the impression I get from the ludicrous responses to your posts.

I hope someway, somehow, you are able to get a rapid solution that permanently solves this issue in a positive way for you.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
DS, I think you're fighting a losing battle on Facebook trying to get others to acknowledge you are in the right, or even that you might have a point. That's the impression I get from the ludicrous responses to your posts.

I hope someway, somehow, you are able to get a rapid solution that permanently solves this issue in a positive way for you.

Dont i know it. I am a mod on that page and a founder on a few others. I have said my points. The law will change, it failed by 2 votes this year. These dog runners that do not have respect for property lines will cost the rest. Just like they did in florida.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
DSgrouse,

Those people are fucking idiots, every single one of them. The reason people want to live away from the city is to live away from jackasses like them.

Why is it a federal offense to remove the tracking collars?

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post