SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Post office issue might be costig me money. Ebay sale.... Update, received
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post office issue might be costig me money. Ebay sale.... Update, received Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
Sold a couple things on Ebay last weekend. Both went out on the same day, flat rate bubble mailer. One was delivered no problem, second one....

July 14, 2021, 1:12 pm
Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location

We attempted to deliver your package at 1:12 pm on July 14, 2021 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

Contacted the buyer, he was confused as well as he got another package and his regular mail that day no problem.

As of today 7/18, tracking still has not updated and he still has not received the item. Because I am a "new" seller, Ebay is holding the money until it is delivered.

Starting to get a bit worried I might have to refund him, which would really bite. I didn't make any money on it as it is and it ended up costing me a little bit more to ship than I expected because I grabbed the wrong mailer at the PO and had to pay for that as well.

I already know it will be pretty much useless to call the PO, but I guess I will at least try Monday. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not bother calling. This sort of thing is common with their socalled tracking system. Give it a couple more days. Let us know if it turns up.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This is why I'm disinclined to sell anything on eBay--or anywhere else, honestly--right now. People are unwilling to pay for dependable shipping (UPS, FedEx [the real FedEx]), and neither USPS nor FedEx Ground are to be trusted.

So, stuff I might otherwise sell on eBay or elsewhere is going to sit here until a lose patience and donate it to the local charity thrift store.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I set the shipping for USPS. It was not a large item and any other shipping method would have cost more than the part itself.

I have several other items as well that are the same type that are all set for the same shipping. I have them listed on facebook marketplace as well for less but haven't had any luck selling anything there.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
UPDATE

LOL wow ok. He got the package today. PO left a notice in his box late Friday that he had a package.
He had to go to the PO to pick it up and apparently had to pay them a balance due on postage???

It makes no sense to me at all. This and another identical package were sent at the same time, both flat rate shipping. Both checked out and no issues at my PO. The other package had no issues. I don't know exactly how much extra he had to pay, only said a few cents, but still that just don't seen right?

I did message him back to let me know how much it was and I can refund the amount but haven't heard back yet.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My wife used to sell more on eBay, partial hobby, came ahead just a little.

A few would have the package track to delivery, then they’d say they never received it. eBay is slanted to protect the buyer. It would result in refunding the $$ then never sell to them again.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post