SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So, you can't wait to get home to have a beer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, you can't wait to get home to have a beer? Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Every day I pick up a Mich Ultra bottle out by the road in front of my house....

Some idiot it seems has to have a beer on the way home from work and since it is illegal to have an open alcohol container in a vehicle in S.C. they finish it and throw the empty out here....

I like to have either a beer or double shot of good bourbon most nights... but I can wait until I'm home.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Every night some asshole has an Twisted Tea and a brandy shooter and throws them on my lawn or on the lawn of the women behind me. Been going on for 3 years. I have seen a cop sit in a driveway once for 3 hours waiting for this jack wad to come by, but no luck. I can't blame the police, they can't waste their time on this.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Worked one summer, many moons ago doing construction work. Worked with an alcoholic laborer who had lost his D/L who I used to drive in to work each day.

At the end of the day our first stop was the nearest Bar where he would get a shot and take a 6 pack out with him. Then drink three of those during the 15 minute drive to the Bar where I'd pick up and drop off at each day.

He WAS a hell of a worker, knew his stuff, seemed like an OK guy, but absolutely addicted to alcohol.

A coupe of times we fell behind pouring concrete and had to work a few hours overtime. He could barely contain himself ,he was SO put out, not getting that drink on schedule.

I got stopped once in a DUI checkpoint and there was a weeks worth of Harry's beer cans in a bag on the backseat floor. State Trooper got all excited, thought he had a drunk. I did the sobriety test despite telling them I didn't drink.

Anyway...The post reminded me of old Harry.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Every day I pick up a Mich Ultra bottle out by the road in front of my house....

Some idiot it seems has to have a beer on the way home from work and since it is illegal to have an open alcohol container in a vehicle in S.C. they finish it and throw the empty out here........

That sucks! Just count your blessings it's just "some idiot" rather than *many* idiots. 3 weeks ago I picked up the litter (mostly beer cans/bottles) on the 1/3 mile paved road leading to the dirt road I live on. Today I walked it and picked up 1/2 kitchen size garbage bag more!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I once had someone explain to me that he wasn’t truly littering because he only tossed stuff onto neatly manicured lawns. He said the owners would immediately clean it up so it wasn’t like throwing it someplace where it would sit and be an eyesore, which he would never think of doing.

I managed to keep a reasonably straight face.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's pretty much the way they think.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
That sucks! Just count your blessings it's just "some idiot" rather than *many* idiots. 3 weeks ago I picked up the litter (mostly beer cans/bottles) on the 1/3 mile paved road leading to the dirt road I live on. Today I walked it and picked up 1/2 kitchen size garbage bag more!

The wife and I walk roughly 15 miles of local roads on a schedule. 1 mile per day, up one side and down the other. The main purpose is exercise, but a secondary "benefit" is the cans we pick up. In non-snow month, we average about $40 a month at 5¢ each.

An informal survey indicates that Bud Light is preferred by our local road drinkers roughly 3 to 1 over all other beers combined.

Apparently we've been noticed, a few times a year we get back to the truck and find someone has dropped off a bag (or two or three) of cans while we were walking. Also had people stop while driving by and thank us for cleaning up.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
An informal survey indicates that Bud Light is preferred by our local road drinkers roughly 3 to 1 over all other beers combined.

Sounds like Anheuser-Busch has their new marketing slogan!

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Two stories:

1. I have a neighbor that you could track from the store to his house by the Keystone Light cans.

2. When I drove OTR with Dad, we had a fellow driver that, headed home on the weekend, would stop his truck at the last liquor store on the way home (our county is dry) and buy a 12 pack. He would have several of them finished by the time he drive the 30 or so miles home. In his truck, his living...I never understood risking my CDL over something like that.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
My home state sells "nips" at all the liquor stores. Wonderful packaging that is. I get to pick them up along my tree lawn. Empty nips next to black and mild ends. Everyday.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
My home state sells "nips" at all the liquor stores. Wonderful packaging that is. I get to pick them up along my tree lawn. Empty nips next to black and mild ends. Everyday.

Yup. Maine just put the 5¢ deposit on nips too. That'll increase our take by 10% or more, there's a ton of them in the ditches. Too bad it's not retroactive...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have cameras set up around the house to catch that jerk.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The drunks here call it a “road soda.” I call it a hefty fine/DUI.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I once had someone explain to me that he wasn’t truly littering because he only tossed stuff onto neatly manicured lawns. He said the owners would immediately clean it up so it wasn’t like throwing it someplace where it would sit and be an eyesore, which he would never think of doing.

Must be college educated fellow. Should consider political career or auto sales.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
The drunks here call it a “road soda.” I call it a hefty fine/DUI.

AKA roadie or one for the road. I call it stupid.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Last year at this time when the snow melted you could see dozens of liquor bottles and cans. I call the police and an LT showed up and wanted to clean it up. I said no way, I'll clean it up, just wanted you to be aware of what was going on. He was the one that parked in a neighbors driveway the next night to see who was doing it. By my count, the person does it 3 or 4 nights a week, is not particular which side of the road they toss the can and 1 oz. bottle.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I enjoy a drink when I get home after work.....when I get home. I would NEVER drink on the way home. If I am driving and go out for dinner or an event then I don’t drink at all until I get home. So not worth what could happen.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Marlboro used to put "badges" or miles on their packs. My routine was to get home, change shoes and start yelling. Yeah, the word walk. The dog would go wild and off we'd go. Sometimes down by where the bars were, other times along the main road. We'd judge the length of the walks by how many miles we'd find. And I'd always put the rest of the pack in a garbage can. Usually 50 miles or so.

And I used to subscribe to the local fishwrap. I enjoyed reading it, liberal rag or not. But it got to the point where pretty often, I'd see my paper out in the road, mangled to pulp. I'm not the tolerant type. So we put our then new video recorder to use. Put a tripod in my son's bed, looking out the window and down the front steps. Timed it to record. And sure enough, I got some good pix of the little neighborhood brat coming home from school and pitching it out in the road. They really weren't very interested, but they did have a video tape. So when they went to the neighbors door, they refused to answer it. So much fun.
And with juvies, you never get to hear how it turned out. Except they moved. Smile

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yup. Maine just put the 5¢ deposit on nips too. That'll increase our take by 10% or more, there's a ton of them in the ditches. Too bad it's not retroactive...

5 cents a nip!! I'd be a millionaire! Get Malloy the 2nd to enact that law.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP you are very lucky if it is only 1 bottle, but it does get old having the same person using your yard as a trash can.
Maybe you could watch and see which car is doing it and turn him in?

I pick up so much trash on a daily basis, that it is really sickening. My postal delivery person throws her filtered cig butts out next to my mail box daily. After a month that gets really old. Now it has been years. I quit picking those up when I took off a military uniform.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post