SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cabela’s rant.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabela’s rant. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I miss the bargain cave. I think I may have bought a pair of shorts since it left.

Posts: 230 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
They emailed me a “please share your feedback” yesterday. I responded to it expressing displeasure with my recent visit.

I’m doubting a response will be received.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Cabela's was a good company

then they went public and hired a failed CEO from Remington

then they took all the money they made from the CC and spent it like drunken sailors at a port call,,

the family could give a shit less, they were damn near bankrupt when Bass bought them, (not a merger) and Bass is a fucked up company,,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10606 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I rarely get in them as there is only one in my state and after the last time. I realized that there was no reason to go back.

Scheel's in a top notch company. The have really good customer service. But they can get pricey do to having what amounts to a monopoly!

Posts: 7884 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
There was, and I shit-you-not, a freakin Hi Point in the locked glass cabinet in the Charleston WV library when I visited earlier this year. Not an employee to be seen.

Any store putting a hi-point in the gun library makes their customer service mantra self evident. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1630 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Later part of 2020 Dundee had the Gun Library closed and displayed what few used guns in the showcase adjacent to the Library’s wall.

The had two Hi-Points there, still had in silver sharpie the evidence numbers on them from whatever police agency they came from….

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shovelhead you must be going to the store in Dundee. Because the Gun Library in Chesterfield has had the Gun Library closed since COVID. What replaced it was two small racks behind the counter far enough away that you have to look carefully to see if something that looks interesting is rifle or shotgun. If you actually want to see something particular you have to take a number, wait until it's called and then have a salesman bring it to you. On average it's a 30-45 minute wait to look over a gun that might be interesting. Needless to say I haven't purchased a firearm of any description from Cabela's since COVID. I will also note that the stock for shotguns at the store in Chesterfield is pretty much limited to Tactical plastic crap. If you are thinking about getting a Beretta or Browning Sporting shotgun forgetaqboutit, because it won't be in stock and the airheads working the counter are too lazy/dumb to actually order one in, what they tell you is it's out of stock and all they can do is take your name and they will call you if something comes in.

Good news for me is Michigun is only a 15 minute drive and they will order in anything available at one of the 3 distributors they work with.

Looking back the last gun I purchased at Cabela's was a used Browning Citori 12 gauge in 2019 which I still have and shoot well with. After that was a new Ruger LC9s Pro from Michigun, a Used Chiefs Special from Michigun, a used Tanfoglio TX75/88 from Sportsman's warehouse, a new Sig P365 from Michigun, and a new Ruger SR1911 CMD in 45 ACP from Michigun, and two Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III sporting shotgun 2 barrel sets in 28/410 from Joel Etchen guns. Note the two SP III's are competition guns for 4 gun skeet and having a spare is common sense. I'll also note that both are drop dead gorgeous and they fit me perfectly. Basically Cabela's has lost a lot of $$$$ by forcing people once loyal to the brand to shop somewhere else.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scooter,

Yes, Dundee store. Like I said earlier, 2018 and jerking me around on the 4473/NICS check pretty much ended any desire to purchase any serialized item from them. If I hadn’t filled out the 4473 I’d have walked but as it was completed and signed I was either going to get the stripped lower or see the form marked “No Sale” before I left. Guess what lit me up is when they tried to cover for what I suspect was misplacing the form, the birth state “lie” was a coverup plain and simple.

I was interested in that Police Positive but guess I’m hard headed, I’m not begging anyone to take my money.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I quit going to Cabelas when I started noticing that most of their stuff is made in China.
You mean like every other retailer ?

Posts: 4294 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might as well add Bass Pro to the mix.

Went to the Auburn Hills store yesterday with a friend after retrieving his tree stand. Fishing department, he wanted to ask some questions about one of the fish finders (?) and nobody at either of the kiosks in there. Scratch that idea.

So off to the gun department, the man behind the counter actually greeted us, a step forward. There was a S&W Model 14 Target Masterpiece that looked interesting but not interesting enough for me to handle it. So on to the checkout line.

One cashier, probably five in front of us. She was quick and pleasant and I will assume that she called in code over the radio twice for someone to open another register.

Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I quit going to Cabelas when I started noticing that most of their stuff is made in China.
You mean like every other retailer ?
They have always had a less than option, generally it was decent. Bass Pro has sourced the absolute cheapest solution to every product, the K Pro for the 21st century sportsman. I live 15 minutes from a one time flagship Cabelas. I get in there about 5 times a year,’make a purchase less than that. Hell, Gander Mt was a better choice than BP / Cabelas us become.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5237 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Our gun library hasn't had anything really interesting for years. The most you can hope for our basic O/U shotguns, generally Turkish made, but a few grade 1 Browning and Berettas as well.

Posts: 12594 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a few extra bucks and decided to buy myself a Spyderco knife that I had been wanting . I checked the Bass Pro website and it said that it was in stock at the store about 25 minutes away . When I got there they had NO Spyderco knives at all . I left there and drove another 45 minutes to Cabela's where they had the exact knife and a few others . They also had a very nice old fellow that patiently waited on me . What does any of this mean ? Hell I don't know except that Bass Pro rarely gets my business for various reasons .

Posts: 4294 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's kind of sad that Cabela's' was screwed by the kids. I 1st went into the Cabela's in Kearney Nebraska in 1964 with my dad to get some lures, minnows and worms. I even used to take coffee cans of night crawlers over there and sell them. The guys there were the best. Miss those days.

Posts: 388 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post