SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Profanity in front of women and children
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Profanity in front of women and children Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am a member of two private clubs, primarily because I do not wish to live in the gutter with every piece of trash that chooses to show up at the same time.

I will not hesitate to remind those who use foul language around ladies and children to mind their manners. Occasionally one will try to force the issue with me, in which case I will not hesitate to file a complaint with the club management and expect appropriate disciplinary action. Several obnoxious individuals have found themselves suspended or expelled as a result.

I'm not a prude. I'm not a bible-thumper. I'm not any better than anyone else I deal with every day. I did not grow up inside a bubble. I am over 70 years old, I am a two-tour Vietnam combat veteran, I am a retired cop, I owned and ran a business with dozens of employees for two decades.

Had a private conversation with a young man just a couple of weeks ago, bringing to his attention just how frequently he used some variant of the "f-bomb" in every conversation. He actually thanked me and gave me his word that he would do his best to correct a bad habit.

Bad habits with a strong cultural influence. The more it is tolerated the worse it will become.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 901 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post