SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Neighbor issues?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbor issues? Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The world starts work at 8:00am.
I don't see a problem with that or you mowing at the same time.

Posts: 22886 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I agree with everyone that says that 8:00 AM isn't too early, especially in hotter climates. Our nearest neighbor is 150 yards away so no problem here. That said, don't ever get a bunch of Guinea Hens like we did many years ago. Those damn things could wake up the dead at sunrise. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8:00am M-F is standard start time for any kind of work in my neighborhood. It might be her gardeners schedule. Somebody has to be the first house. There's no harm in asking her to move it back but it isn't unreasonable for her or her gardener to decline. Somebody has to be the first house of the day.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I usually wait til 9, but for the dew reason as well as courtesy. Most of my neighbors operate similarly (for whatever reason- I choose to believe courtesy).

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5294 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
That said, don't ever get a bunch of Guinea Hens like we did many years ago. Those damn things could wake up the dead at sunrise. Frown

My fathers electric fence powered by a B-24 magneto kept the Guineas out of the garden. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 41,

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
As much of a light sleeper I am, I don't mind noise if it is legitimate noise such as yard work, or construction.

Its stupid stuff like people blasting their stereos or yelling I hate. I used to have a neighbor 2 houses down that always seems to install car stereos and bumps subwoofers at any given hour of the day and night.

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post