SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Quitting Comcrass …
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quitting Comcrass … Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
Started trying to quit on Sunday. My Comcast cable service. I installed enough stuff to feel confident in cutting the cord. New fiber lines, new wifi everywhere, we’re solid.

So first attempt is through the web via their assistant, an electronic dumb agent. After 30 minutes I’m stuck in a loop, between being told to contact the customer service rep and that no agents were currently working I gave up; almost throwing the phone through the damn window.

Two days later, I’m actually talking to a live person CSR. But the first thing out of their mouth is they cannot help me terminate services because their system is down. Huh? You picked up the call bitch.

How in the fuck is that? Didn’t the IVR/CRM system just route the call to an active call agent who could help me? These things work in a particular way and I know it. Next!

Day three I fire up another CSR process electronically and then hand the whole process over to my wife. An hour later, no result. Lost connections and no way to finish the call.

Clearly, Comcast just doesn’t want us to quit. We’re taking that shit back to the physical store and shoving it up their ass later tomorrow.

Contemplated trying to find like a regulated monopoly‘s regulatory agency to bitch to, but the other part of me is like fuck them, move on and be happy.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the Eagles had a song about that. Welcome to the Hotel Comcastfornia…

Send them a note that you’ll stop paying the bill sometime between 1 and 4.

Good luck at the store. Take pictures of the equipment you turn in including the labels. My dad turned his in, they claimed they never received it and billed him for it.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just wait until you start getting letters begging you to come back at a discount/teaser rate.

We switched to fiber and YouTubeTV in June and Comcast will need to PAY ME to ever come back.

That’s right you bitches. You pay me $100 per month and I’ll come back and sign up for your service. Otherwise adios MF’s! Big Grin

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to ask for the sales department. They usually answer those calls. They have the capablity to cancel. If you have to return equipment hopefully there is a local office and you can have a nice chat.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Every LEC and MSO gets smashed on here. It’s hilariously bad…on their part.

ATT
Verizon
Frontier
Windstream
Consolidated
Qwest

Comcast
Spectrum
Suddenlink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We cut the cord several years ago, try Sling and Amazon. What I like about Amazon is you can get subscriptions for other streaming services.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’m getting weekly letters now begging me to come back to Comcrap…NOPE

This new fiber service I have gives me the speed I was promised, and pay for, sometimes more and has gone down exactly one time since May and only required a quick reboot. With Comcast, I was rebooting my modem and router several times a week toward the end, and I was getting half the speeds I was promised.

Comcrap is finally starting to realize they aren’t the only game in town anymore which is a good thing.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
All fiber now… No Comcast.

Prime video was good; but we quit all Amazon too ‘fer reasons.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try ROKU, we’ve had it about five years, you can get many subscriptions. It’s inexpensive.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post