SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Artillery Fungus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Artillery Fungus Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
Really ruined the one side of both our cars. Damn spores are tough to get off....any tricks?

Sprayed diluted bleached and fungicide all over the areas next to the driveway hoping to kill it all.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Oh I hated that stuff when I lived in Delaware. Not on my cars, but got all over the siding on the house, I had to use a green scrubber and spend hours on the vinyl before we sold. On a car? Hell I'd call the insurance company and see if it would get totaled.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Artillery spores - got them from a bulk load of mulch one year. Spores on the house and one side of my truck. Raked up and threw away all of the mulch over that winter.

Best way I found to get them off my truck was a credit card, then some wax on the residual stain.

Posts: 9027 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I live in Delaware and didn't know what the heck you guys were talking about. So, a little research....no wonder I've never seen it before. I don't use mulch.

Posts: 158 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Artillery Fungus

Hadn't ever heard of that, so I had to look it up.... Eek

No direct experience but I did find a video where a detailing company takes them off a car using automotive clay.
Youtube video -car detailing (uses clay bar on artillery fungus starting at 8:30 mark)

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post