SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gun Auction Site Madness
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Auction Site Madness Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
The pistol in the OP was most likely part of a group buy by a Team. More commemorative than anything. DocSteve’s squadron did a group buy - I forget what but do remember it was in 40.
RHINOWSO’s did a run of 220 Carry as well with the logo on the slide. I think it was sold to a forum member as I recall.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Here's another place that mentions the P239 used by SEAL Team 6, https://www.americanspecialops...special-ops-weapons/
As Snake207 mentioned, the one in OP is very likely from a group buy, and SIG did the engraving, which they do all the time.

I defer to you guys experience on this, anything is possible. When I first saw it, the thought crossed my mind it might be a 'group buy' commemorative, as my own agency has done that before as well. But frankly, it looked a bit....bland. If a guy was gonna go through the Hell of SEAL training and serve in that capacity, then decided to get a P239 made to commemorate it with his buddies, you'd think it'd look a bit more elaborate or decorative. That's why it struck me as fake.... it looks like something that was done in a few minutes by a corner gunshop; no SEAL logo on the slide, no scroll work, no slogans or Navy imagery, just three words slapped on one side of the frame.

Seemed more than just a bit minimalistic to be a genuine article, but then one can do as one wishes.....

UPDATE: Well, looks like it sold. But not for RARE or SCARE money. Only $805.00. Not exactly 'Sig 226 MK25 SEAL 50th Anniversary' money.....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, the group buy guns are nothing special. They might be special to the folks in the group who ordered them, but me, why should I care?

Now the stainless slide P228 I posted is something really special, because up until it was made in 2007, there has never been a stainless slide P228. And, only 2 were ever made, and SIG did it for the NJSP as T&E samples. And, no more were made since.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a P229 slide with P228 engraved on it. Wild. Do you have that one Q?

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
That looks like a P229 slide with P228 engraved on it. Wild. Do you have that one Q?

Here you go, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...670078084#2670078084

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I emailed you about that gun when it was up for auction to ask your opinion about it. May have been a different one. Prob one that a guy was selling as factory nickel but didn’t look legit. Anyway, that is really cool and glad you were able to snag it, esp without having to get into a bidding war.

Thanks for sharing the story with the forum.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
reminds me of this scene in Snatch..

the fact that you've got replica written down the side of your gun.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGodlHtdZ0U

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post