SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Medicare scam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicare scam Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted
I happened to be around when Mom was on the phone w/ someone asking for her Medicare card info AND she was having trouble understanding their speech. Nonetheless, she started digging for her card (Since I drive her to all appointments, it's now in MY wallet). So I walk over and Mom handed the phone to an asshole.
"No, we don't want any SS#", "We're calling to see if she received her new card" , "We need to update her info"...

For some reason they got tired of talking w/ me (hung up) and called back 4 more times in the next hour, all w/ different caller IDs, only to be stuck talking to an asshole.

My apologies people of thick Indian accent. Unwanted phone calles have labeled your people as scammers, the world around. I'll have nothing to do w/ you over a phone unless I'm ordering take-out. Well, my record is 35 min. Then it's you who will have nothing to do w/ me, till the next call.
What's this? I can reduce my Discover card debt? Sure I'll press "1" to connect but it's going to be a gamble before how long I tell you, I don't have a Discover card.
Did I read that card number wrong? I'm so sorry. Let me try again. Maybe it's the expiration date.

Alert your loved ones.

ETA: Just after I posted the phone rang and the nice man w/ accent wanted to reduce the CC interest rate for an asshole. Too bad I didn't have my reading glasses because once again, I kept getting the numbers wrong.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The world will benefit greatly as the population of assholes increases.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1092 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
This past year.

Sold my house in Florida, bought house in Arkansas, cash.

Flew up to Oregon end of July and helped my oldest daughter pack and drove the Big U-Haul with 3 grandkids and 3 grandcats 2100 miles, running over a fuckton of bunnies and a shit-ton of desert meeces on the way through the higher desert at night.

("Hey, pops, what are all these red bugs smearing my windshield?")

Me: "Um, maybe don't follow so close...?"

So. She had a lady buying her place, flaked and bailed on the closing day. Afternoon before we were going to kick chocks...

So, I told her to call a realtor and turn it over to them.

He shows up, starts all his shenanigans because he sees she is in a Bondy, and after seeing her getting a line if shit, I stepped up and went Sgt. Hartman, cuz, that's what dad's (and the monkey do.)

Daughter told me later she saw his whole demeanor change when he realized, he just ran into an asshole, who at this stage in life, no longer sees a life sentence as a deterrent.

Yeah. A few years back, Bill Burr called. Dennis Leary and told him I was an asshole...

Asshole is an honest profession.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I don't know how I got on their list, but I get calls from "Medicare" all the time. They have all my information except for my age apparently because I'm not old enough to be on Medicare.

I try and string them along as long as possible then ask them if their grandparents would be proud if they knew what they were doing. Out of the 20 or 30 times I've done this I think I got one guy to think about it. His demeanor changed. Everybody else either hangs up or screams some nonsense at me and then hangs up.

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sounds a LOT like what you get when you call Ford Customer Care. I bet they are the same call center.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Get multiple calls from "senior aid helper" or "consumer council regarding health insurance", since I have the cell on avoid unknown callers it goes directly to voicemail. Regardless of the message the phone number for call back is the same 833-212-9897.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Asshole is an honest profession.
Now there's a CUT for you!

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The caller ID on my spam calls all originate from small towns. I get lots from Cedarburg WI. Or Cedarville MI. Cedar seems to be a theme. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post