SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ammotogo wants a picture of my DL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammotogo wants a picture of my DL Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
SG Ammo is my preferred online ammo source but I always check Ammotogo and I’ve bought thousands of dollars of ammo from them over the last decade. I went to buy some ammo tonight though and was told I’d have to verify my age by taking a picture of my DL.

No thanks. Not only am I not interested in sending a copy of my DL to them but since I ship everything to a mail center my shipping address doesn’t match my home address so they would probably deny it anyway. That’s a shame because I’ve always liked their service and selection.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
SG ammo and a few other companies had me do that initially as well.

Not that uncommon.

SG ammo was my go to, but their prices have been 20-30% higher lately.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Sg Ammo asked me for mine as well ^

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I never did for SG Ammo. I only recall one website ever asking and I refused that too, but that was a much smaller site I’d never heard of before that I’ve never used again.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
They definitely made me do that (I think via email, it's been nigh on a decade since then).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't recall SG Ammo doing that, and I've ordered a metric buttload of ammo from them over the years. Maybe they did and I just don't recall.

I do know AIM Surplus used to require you to upload a copy of your ID at one point (early/mid-2010s IIRC), but no longer does.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I responded to one such demand by telling them that "They took my DL away after the incident."

I sent them a copy of my passport card. It shows photo and birth date, but no address or other information.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I don't recall SG Ammo doing that, and I've ordered a metric buttload of ammo from them over the years. Maybe they did and I just don't recall.

I do know AIM Surplus used to require you to upload a copy of your ID at one point (early/mid-2010s IIRC), but no longer does.

I bought a can of 30-06 from them and uploaded a picture. A while later they were hacked and FFL and DL copies were downloaded. I knew I should have covered my license number but did not. I still haven't opened that can yet either.
Never again.

Posts: 232 | Location: NC | Registered: May 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I responded to one such demand by telling them that "They took my DL away after the incident."

I sent them a copy of my passport card. It shows photo and birth date, but no address or other information.

I thought you would've given them your social security number, "000-00-0003. Damn you Roosevelt and Burns!!!"

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Eff them ... NEVER would I send a copy of my DL to anyone online.
They can send requiring an adult signature if need be.
Years ago I placed a nice order for 308 Match Ammo that was for sale by and on another "sniperish" type of forum - they asked - I said NO and canceled.
NEVER NEVER NEVER Mad

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
ATG *used* to be great but I think they were sold a while back and are no longer even a consideration for me, they were absolutely RAPING people during worst of the riots/Covid lockdown panic days and I will not give people like that a single thin dime.

Posts: 33768 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
ATG *used* to be great but I think they were sold a while back and are no longer even a consideration for me, they were absolutely RAPING people during worst of the riots/Covid lockdown panic days and I will not give people like that a single thin dime.

I was not aware of that.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Given some of the comments here (and I know this is thread drift), what online ammo sellers are now preferred?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16188 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have used SG Ammo a lot and am a very satisfied customer. Ammo Fast is another site I have used a lot, though not recently.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Given some of the comments here (and I know this is thread drift), what online ammo sellers are now preferred?

I use:

SG Ammo
Lucky Gunner
Aim Surplus

Posts: 33768 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Target USA by the case. Prices have been coming down. Interesting Serbians in Ct.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post