SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thanks to the local PD, and our city’s soliciting restrictions, and security cameras
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to the local PD, and our city’s soliciting restrictions, and security cameras Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
For the past 6 months I’ve had a dirty ass salesman keep coming by my house. On my door is a professional no soliciting sign. It’s placed right above the door handle to deter salesmen from leaving shit. It stops almost everyone but not all with this ass hole.

For the past 6 months I’ve had this guy, who runs a “solar panel cleaning” business, come by the house 8-9 times, ignore the no soliciting sign, and on several occasions ring the doorbell. It’s different than your average solicitor who tags every house on the street by foot. This guys drives his truck up to my house, parks in front of my house, and does his deal. Once or twice, meh, wouldn’t care. In the bin it goes. But yesterday was attempt #9. I’ve had other sales people ignore the sign and ring the door bell interrupting my day (I work from home a few days a week). On several occasions I just fire up the ring app and tell them to get off my property. But solar panel cleaning clown just thinks X many hits he’ll get the business. Nope. GTFO.

What’s funny is solar panel cleaning is your garden variety garden hose with a nozzle screwed on. Takes 5 minutes if that. His flyer states using RO water, wow, massive fucking overwhelm. Very familiar with RO as I have a filter inside for drinking water, it’s not anything revolutionary. So what pisses me off is the scam nature of his business, as well as the pricing in general. Then there is the fact that the guy has cased my house. Casing my house, and parking in front of my house are what really piss me off. Then the nerve to ring my doorbell and interrupt my day with your bullshit. On his flyer he has my address listed as well as how many solar panels I have. So the guy has either paid for this information or driven behind my house as you can’t see them from the street. Invasive either way. Then the pricing. On one flyer he has listed “usually $875” but then has the price striked through with “this week only $280.00”. That was January. I guess this month, pricing has changed. It’s $450 usually this month, striked through, with $300 listed as a limited time offering. How about fuck you instead? On the flyer is losses of energy production which is absolute bullshit. The panels are stronger than my roof as I’ve had hail, had to replace shingles due to it but the panels had zero damage. Spray them off with a hose when dirty from rains, pollen, etc, and that’s it. I’ve seen no reduction in power production in 8 years and I don’t clean them regularly. So the comments on the flyer are absolute bullshit, a scam.

As I mentioned this is #8 or #9 attempt so at this point it’s harassment. I call the PD, not 911 as I’m tired of it, and let them know as I know if I confront this guy problems will ensue. I will not be kind, this is my got damn residence. I’ve had this happen before and some salesman will attempt to argue his way to a sale and on my property which is infuriating. I have a no soliciting sign and didn’t inquire or engage your business. I call the PD and then get informed about solicitation code on the books, etc, and then get asked a number of questions. Very nice PD officer lady asks for details, description etc. And asks for a picture of the no soliciting sign. I send that, as well as video from 3 angles of this clown, a picture of his truck, etc. Prior the officer was talking limited on what they could do, needed verification etc. Once I sent video of this guy from multiple cameras, a pic of his truck, the invasive nature, etc, man it was minutes and I got contacted back by the PD that the idiot was contacted, instructed to never come by my house again and to contact them back if he does. The officer listened, was courteous, respectful, and it’s why I always back the blue. I wish we got that kind of respect and treatment from companies we pay. Like everyone here, tired of defund this and that, and the attack on the blue.

So Mr. Salesman you lost. Now you’re on the books with the PD. Truck, plate, clear video description. Let it be a got damn lesson. Do your deal, fuck with homeowners unsolicited. Ignore no soliciting signs. Ring doorbells interrupting people. Case homes. Try it many times. It ain’t gonna work. I view this as someone trying to start up a tree cleaning, not trimming business. Hey we’ll clean your tree for you. Usually $800 but we will do it today for the low low price of $300. Then they use your own garden hose and spray your tree with water. This is analogous to that. In the past I’d just answer the door armed, visible and point to the street but with a scam artist they’d probably get an attorney and claim mental anguish. I’m now expecting someone to leave flyers for a shingle cleaning business and how they’ll do it for hundreds. And how if you don’t clean them their efficacy is reduced. This world is crazy.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Do you have a sprinkler system?

If there is a next time, activate it and then laugh your tail off as you watch him on your video system!

Better yet, post the video for the rest of us so we can join in.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I don't answer the door for people I don't know and I also have a No Solicitors sign.

In my last house before this one, all the solicitors ignored the sign or, considering the state of modern education, perhaps they didn't know what a solicitor is.

Where I live now, most solicitors honor the sign and go away.

Did have some religious nuts who ignored it once, though, and when I opened the door they said they were bringing the good news of Jesus.

I asked if they knew what a solicitor was and they said yes, but they weren't soliciting.

I said "yes you are, you're soliciting for Jesus".

They left.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
If solicitor ignores the barking GSDs… I know it’s gonna be an issue. Every time.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Do you have a sprinkler system?

If there is a next time, activate it and then laugh your tail off as you watch him on your video system!

Better yet, post the video for the rest of us so we can join in.

Then I’d be wasting water and my own money for this dirtbag. No way. I’d love to answer the door armed, and tell him to leave. It’d be on camera so any reports of sweeps, etc, would be proved false with video evidence but I’d have to spend money on an attorney to even handle a civil suit. It’s not worth it. Call the Police. Old school you’d have a no warning shots will be fired sign for trespassers. Besides, a scam artist, you fire off your sprinklers then he fakes a slip and fall on your property. Bam, sues you, which would fall under homeowners. Eventually you’d be footing the bill somehow. Not worth it. I’m very pleased my PD intervened so I didn’t have to. Best that way.

Business can’t be good for this scam artist. If it was he wouldn’t even have the time to come by my house every few weeks. You can smell the desperation. Get a got damn real job.

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I don't know, with all the Bluetooth-enabled stuff out there, I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to fixed-mount a hose nozzle aimed at the solicitor's location, and then when you get the "Ring", activate the hose full blast. Then you can tell him you are "cleaning" your porch! I can't help but think he'd get the message after two or three times.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Get a recording of the Henry Rollins line from Johnny Mnemonic to play for him.

“If you’re not invited then you’re not welcome, so fuck off!”

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
For the past 6 months I’ve had a dirty ass salesman keep coming by my house. On my door is a professional no soliciting sign. It’s placed right above the door handle to deter salesmen from leaving shit. It stops almost everyone but not all with this ass hole.

For the past 6 months I’ve had this guy, who runs a “solar panel cleaning” business, come by the house 8-9 times, ignore the no soliciting sign, and on several occasions ring the doorbell. It’s different than your average solicitor who tags every house on the street by foot. This guys drives his truck up to my house, parks in front of my house, and does his deal. Once or twice, meh, wouldn’t care. In the bin it goes. But yesterday was attempt #9. I’ve had other sales people ignore the sign and ring the door bell interrupting my day (I work from home a few days a week). On several occasions I just fire up the ring app and tell them to get off my property. But solar panel cleaning clown just thinks X many hits he’ll get the business. Nope. GTFO.

What’s funny is solar panel cleaning is your garden variety garden hose with a nozzle screwed on. Takes 5 minutes if that. His flyer states using RO water, wow, massive fucking overwhelm. Very familiar with RO as I have a filter inside for drinking water, it’s not anything revolutionary. So what pisses me off is the scam nature of his business, as well as the pricing in general. Then there is the fact that the guy has cased my house. Casing my house, and parking in front of my house are what really piss me off. Then the nerve to ring my doorbell and interrupt my day with your bullshit. On his flyer he has my address listed as well as how many solar panels I have. So the guy has either paid for this information or driven behind my house as you can’t see them from the street. Invasive either way. Then the pricing. On one flyer he has listed “usually $875” but then has the price striked through with “this week only $280.00”. That was January. I guess this month, pricing has changed. It’s $450 usually this month, striked through, with $300 listed as a limited time offering. How about fuck you instead? On the flyer is losses of energy production which is absolute bullshit. The panels are stronger than my roof as I’ve had hail, had to replace shingles due to it but the panels had zero damage. Spray them off with a hose when dirty from rains, pollen, etc, and that’s it. I’ve seen no reduction in power production in 8 years and I don’t clean them regularly. So the comments on the flyer are absolute bullshit, a scam.

As I mentioned this is #8 or #9 attempt so at this point it’s harassment. I call the PD, not 911 as I’m tired of it, and let them know as I know if I confront this guy problems will ensue. I will not be kind, this is my got damn residence. I’ve had this happen before and some salesman will attempt to argue his way to a sale and on my property which is infuriating. I have a no soliciting sign and didn’t inquire or engage your business. I call the PD and then get informed about solicitation code on the books, etc, and then get asked a number of questions. Very nice PD officer lady asks for details, description etc. And asks for a picture of the no soliciting sign. I send that, as well as video from 3 angles of this clown, a picture of his truck, etc. Prior the officer was talking limited on what they could do, needed verification etc. Once I sent video of this guy from multiple cameras, a pic of his truck, the invasive nature, etc, man it was minutes and I got contacted back by the PD that the idiot was contacted, instructed to never come by my house again and to contact them back if he does. The officer listened, was courteous, respectful, and it’s why I always back the blue. I wish we got that kind of respect and treatment from companies we pay. Like everyone here, tired of defund this and that, and the attack on the blue.

So Mr. Salesman you lost. Now you’re on the books with the PD. Truck, plate, clear video description. Let it be a got damn lesson. Do your deal, fuck with homeowners unsolicited. Ignore no soliciting signs. Ring doorbells interrupting people. Case homes. Try it many times. It ain’t gonna work. I view this as someone trying to start up a tree cleaning, not trimming business. Hey we’ll clean your tree for you. Usually $800 but we will do it today for the low low price of $300. Then they use your own garden hose and spray your tree with water. This is analogous to that. In the past I’d just answer the door armed, visible and point to the street but with a scam artist they’d probably get an attorney and claim mental anguish. I’m now expecting someone to leave flyers for a shingle cleaning business and how they’ll do it for hundreds. And how if you don’t clean them their efficacy is reduced. This world is crazy.

Determine if he has a Solicitaion permit from the town. Many don't.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11238 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
No Solicitor signs mean absolutely nothing and don't have the force of law. Real sales pros see them as a sign of weakness, that the homeowner can't say no, so they have to put a sign out. And yes, X number of attempts do turn into Y number of sales. The OP would be better off spending five seconds face to face, telling the guy not interested and to never come back. A real pro is successful enough that he doesn't waste any more time on such a person. But until they make eye contact and are really convinced, they will persist.

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:

No Solicitor signs mean absolutely nothing and don't have the force of law.
Does that depend on the jurisdiction?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
No Solicitor signs mean absolutely nothing and don't have the force of law. Real sales pros see them as a sign of weakness, that the homeowner can't say no, so they have to put a sign out. And yes, X number of attempts do turn into Y number of sales. The OP would be better off spending five seconds face to face, telling the guy not interested and to never come back. A real pro is successful enough that he doesn't waste any more time on such a person. But until they make eye contact and are really convinced, they will persist.

It means something in my city. PD asked for a picture of the sign, immediately. First thing they asked for. Upon receipt of it, and videos of the dipshit, it was taken care of. I hope the guy enjoyed talking to a Police Department. Fucking harassment. Get off my got damn lawn.

Real sales pros can eat a dick because we aren’t all the same. I don’t want them on my property period. You think I have a hard time saying no? No salesman has EVER been successful selling me anything at my own door of my residence. Never. I shouldn’t have to waste my time with salesmen at my home. It’s unsolicited. Real salesman get my business because I’m seeing X or Y and search them out on my own. It’s called getting bids.

They can persist and deal with the PD now. They’ve been warned. X number of attempts led to zero in this case. Nothing but a scam business. A real pro would be too busy to case homes, and stop by 9 times. They’d be booked up. If your flyer and attempt didn’t work the first few times, move on dude. It ain’t ever gonna happen. Your little rules of thumb don’t work for everyone. That’s a blanket statement. I’ve owned this home for 16 years and not once has any of these sales tactics every worked a single time. Get a real job. Squirting RO water on my roof is a business. LMAO. Might as well sell swamp land.

The idiot has left flyer after flyer parking in front of my house. The times they’ve rang the door bell I haven’t been at home or I would have told the guy to go fuck himself and get off my property like I have done countless times in the past. You’re wasting my time and yours. I have to spend my time pulling your flyer off and putting it in the trash where it belongs. Time is money and you’re wasting mine. People should have no business even being on my property unless I reached out for an appointment, bid, etc. Nobody likes it either. It should be against the law and if enough people keep complaining, it will. I DO NOT have to talk to your dirty ass. You’re trespassing by being on my property. Leave. There is no law requiring me to talk to them, answer the door, nothing. I don’t come over to their house and knock the dick out of their mouth.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Our front door is accessible only by opening a fence gate in a 6 ft no climb fence. There is a remote doorbell at the gate, with a sign: "Press here to release the hounds". Legitimate callers (i.e., friends) know to go ahead and ring the doorbell, if they have not called/texted first to let us know they are coming (which almost all do). We meet them at the garage doors, which is our exclusive means of ingress/egress.

About once a year, we get the Jesus solicitors who ring the bell and stand outside the gate. I just yell to them "not interested" and they go away.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

It means something in my city. PD asked for a picture of the sign, immediately. First thing they asked for. Upon receipt of it, and videos of the dipshit, it was taken care of. I hope the guy enjoyed talking to a Police Department. Fucking harassment. Get off my got damn lawn.

Real sales pros can eat a dick because we aren’t all the same. I don’t want them on my property period. You think I have a hard time saying no? No salesman has EVER been successful selling me anything at my own door of my residence. Never. I shouldn’t have to waste my time with salesmen at my home. It’s unsolicited. Real salesman get my business because I’m seeing X or Y and search them out on my own. It’s called getting bids.

They can persist and deal with the PD now. They’ve been warned. X number of attempts led to zero in this case. Nothing but a scam business. A real pro would be too busy to case homes, and stop by 9 times. They’d be booked up. If your flyer and attempt didn’t work the first few times, move on dude. It ain’t ever gonna happen. Your little rules of thumb don’t work for everyone. That’s a blanket statement. I’ve owned this home for 16 years and not once has any of these sales tactics every worked a single time. Get a real job. Squirting RO water on my roof is a business. LMAO. Might as well sell swamp land.

The idiot has left flyer after flyer parking in front of my house. The times they’ve rang the door bell I haven’t been at home or I would have told the guy to go fuck himself and get off my property like I have done countless times in the past. You’re wasting my time and yours. I have to spend my time pulling your flyer off and putting it in the trash where it belongs. Time is money and you’re wasting mine. People should have no business even being on my property unless I reached out for an appointment, bid, etc. Nobody likes it either. It should be against the law and if enough people keep complaining, it will. I DO NOT have to talk to your dirty ass. You’re trespassing by being on my property. Leave. There is no law requiring me to talk to them, answer the door, nothing. I don’t come over to their house and knock the dick out of their mouth.

Lighten up, Francis. I'm just saying, your sign means nothing. But if it makes you feel better (actually angrier) when people ignore it, go ahead. Having the cops ask stop and him a few
questions (which he doesn't have to answer) is not exactly getting cited for trespassing. In most places you have to be verbally told to leave and then refuse before the cops will consider it trespassing.

I'm not defending door-door peddlers. I don't answer my door for anyone. Doorbell is broken too. They can push that button all they want like they're at a crosswalk. I'll never hear it. I run in-home appointments and do no cold call. But I have gone to the wrong address on occasion, many times houses with all kinds of silly signs out front and the people, though not my appointments were generally as nice as could be.

In fact my best sales story was two mos. ago when I went to the right lot number in the wrong gated community (I had the gate code as I have other customers there). I was fully five miles off on the same road. The lady had no idea who I was, but she was dying to talk to me and I sold her. Again, gated community with a gate code. I waltzed right in there, thinking I had an appt and I still closed the lady.

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
No Solicitor signs mean absolutely nothing and don't have the force of law.

You're absolutely right. It only works with people who are literate and have good ethics.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those are typically the folks out there cold door knocking. LOL.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

'Real Sales Pros' don't do door-to-door cold calling...Just sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8772 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, those are typically the folks out there cold door knocking. LOL.

The sign works in my town.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
They wouldn't be out there door knocking if it didn't work. Just sayin'.

I've gotten lead cards before where I couldn't read the phone number, so I'd DK them if I happened to be in the neighborhood. I won't make a special trip for DKs. More than half the time, they say to me, "What took you so long? I mailed this in months ago."

"Well, Mildred, I can't read the phone number (or there is none) to call for an appt and I am pretty busy with appts, so I only DK these in my downtime." Never once, not in thousands of these cases has anyone told me, "Can't you read the sign?" or something to that affect.

My biggest customer for years was a DK of a wrong address, recently overtaken by another DK where the lady constantly sends me referrals and wants to buy more for herself. Again, it works.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lighten up, Francis. I'm just saying, your sign means nothing. But if it makes you feel better (actually angrier) when people ignore it, go ahead. Having the cops ask stop and him a few questions (which he doesn't have to answer) is not exactly getting cited for trespassing. In most places you have to be verbally told to leave and then refuse before the cops will consider it trespassing.

The sign does mean something. It’s the first thing my PD wanted a picture of. So apparently here it does mean something so you’re incorrect. Dirty salesman was already contacted and instructed to never come to my residence again, and if he does, to contact the PD. I guess at that point it’ll be time for charges, restraint order, whatever is necessary. Either way it’s never going to lead to a sale. It’s never worked in the past and never will. You can’t sell me anything. It just doesn’t work. When I need anything, I do my research, make calls, get bids, etc, and treat them in kind because I reached out to them. Even vehicles I’ve always paid invoice or lower and just get up and walk away if my terms aren’t met. I do not move a millimeter either. I know, that eventually, on a rainy day, slow sales week, etc, they will call. Like on my last vehicle purchase. Took 2 months but they eventually wore down and met every single demand. You like your little sayings in the sales world. Here is one for you, don’t try to sell a salesman.

Lighten up? Again you are a salesman. And you seem to be quite fond of yourself concerning it. I sold this or that person when they weren’t expecting it. Neat. Nobody cares but you. Because you are a salesman you think homeowners, and property owners are supposed to be courteous or put up with unsolicited dirtbags? Nah. If it was legal I’d open my front door and point a gun in their face and put a red beam right between their eyes. I’m not going to lighten up concerning trespassers, snake oil salesmen, and people interrupting my life on my own property where the cost of living is high. Texes are high, gas is $5 a gallon, groceries up, everything is bank right now. I owe salesmen zero, nothing, especially my time as it cannot be replaced. It’s more important than money.

A lot of people out there are gullible, stupid, or both. I don’t think you’ll find our members here in that class of folk. Quite the opposite. And you repetitively say these things that are completely untrue. Your sign means nothing. Nope again, it means no soliciting. You say it’s an invitation, well maybe to people who are completely illiterate. Oh people put those signs up that can’t say no. You don’t seem to understand how laughable that is. That’s a blanket statement and more pure manure. Here is how it goes down over here. Dirtbag rings doorbell when I’m at home (Or when I’m not at home now with the ring app) I’ll answer the door or not. Ignore it if I’m busy. If it annoys me I answer the door, look at them, and state “Do you see the no soliciting sign on the door? That’s exactly what it means. No soliciting. I don’t care what you’re peddling. Get off my property. The answer is no. Don’t care who you are or what you’re selling. Get off my property or I’ll call the PD. Decide”. Every time they walk and walk briskly. I did that just recently virtually too, thanks technology! Every now and then it’s “but, but” But nothing, leave. Used to I’ll tell them Police or gun point, choose. That’s prior to the sign and prior to woke all the things. Thankfully the sign takes care of most of it. I find it quite amusing that salesmen think it’s OK to trespass on people’s property, door knock, ring the bell, etc, places where they don’t pay the bills, the mortgage, the taxes, the insurance etc. In this day and age and with posted signs to the contrary. People are inundated with snail mail, email, commercials, advertisements, I mean bombarded from every possible angle with sales, even at their jobs. Then there is the spam calls. My goodness, Ethiopians with accounts with our names on it. It’s so bad telco carriers have apps for customers to help block it. It’ll say “spam risk” and just send it to voicemail or block it entirely. That’s how bad all of this is. Most people have received hundreds of calls on vehicle warranty expirations. For over 20 years I’ve paid my own money to watch commercial free content and paid for commercial free radio. My phone, you will not get through, it’s like Fort Knox. Not hearing it or seeing it. You step on my property with it you’re crossed the line. It’s my house then. You ignore posted signs then you deserve whatever you get at that point. No tolerance. With what is going on in the world now, with the raisin in charge, $5 gas, etc, it’s just even worse. We’re all tired, very tired of current economic conditions and spam. So I welcome any salesman to come over here so I can chew their ass out or call the PD on them just to fuck with them. You just gave me an idea. I always have a boat horn for my ski. I’ll just grab that out of the glove of it and keep it next to the door. My doorbell rings or a door knock unsolicited, meep meep it goes, and it’s loud as fuck. On the porch it will be deafening with the brick all around. Just keep the earpro and the horn next to the front door. Thanks. Wink