SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Trash Disposal Expense
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trash Disposal Expense Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I had a fairly light (480 pounds) but bulky pile of mixed light scrap I wanted to make go away before Winter.

The Town of East Overshoe changed the rules on the transfer station again. Used to be you paid $15 for an annual sticker and could dump as much as you wanted as long as you weren't a contractor/business.

Now you pay $25 for a punch card good for 5 trips. Use that up, go buy a new one. I get it, disposal costs have gone up. For generic trash that can't be recycled, it makes sense. It places the cost directly on the high volume users rather than penalizing everyone. The bad part is, it's for EVERYTHING that comes through the gate.

I will be DAMNED if I'm gonna pay $5 to dump a load of scrap in their metal dumpster so they can turn around and sell it. So I loaded it up and took it to the scrap yard. Only $19.20 worth, but it paid for the gas and the Town can take their punch card and punch it up their poop chute!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trash/Recycle disposal has gone way up for all of us.

My trash bill has increased pretty significantly in the past two years between the price increases and the fuel surcharges. My trash company told me that getting rid of recyclables got a lot harder and more expensive in the past year due to some regulation changes and refusal by countries like China that used to take them it sounded like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Our county dump allows you to discard recyclables/paint before getting to the weigh station and the dump beyond, but it's $32 minimum to crosss that station per visit.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^ You missed your chance when Son & Grandson had the backhoe over. If it’s not hazardous waste, just scrap wood and metal……. Lol

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
^^^^ You missed your chance when Son & Grandson had the backhoe over. If it’s not hazardous waste, just scrap wood and metal……. Lol

I take your point, but A) they're brothers, both grandsons, and B) it was at their Mom's place.

When the archaeologists get around to digging this place up, they're going to think it was some kind of pagan sacrifice headquarters. There are multiple sheep, dogs, chickens and even a llama buried here and there around the joint.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post