SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What's up with Sig Talk?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with Sig Talk? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
The isle of misfit toys

If you're referring to the real Isle of Misfit Toys site, I don't think it exists anymore, cannot find it. Unless it is some sort of Double Secret Forum...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16606 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
The isle of misfit toys

If you're referring to the real Isle of Misfit Toys site, I don't think it exists anymore, cannot find it. Unless it is some sort of Double Secret Forum...

Yeah, that forum vanished years ago.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I got perma banned from there around a year or so ago, then I got reinstated. Not because I asked to be, but because one of the mods thought I had been screwed and got me reinstated on his own hook. I go there around once every 2 months now.

What did I get banned for?

I mentioned that members of the AzCDL ( a PAC) that I'm a Life Member of have an open carry luncheon every year and we also have an open carry assembly outside the State Capital once a year. One of the admins decided that this amounted to me trying to incite the violent overthrow of the United States.

I've seen people get banned for jokes that were in good taste and for not liking what's being done by the admin there.

Go at your own risk.

I saw this behavior years ago, I mean over 5 years ago. And it was obvious to me it was a worship/cult type forum, because Sig was the bestest thing ever invented and everything else was shit. It's probably been over 5 years since I visited that POS now that I think about it. From here to there was like being on a forum with dudes smoking cigars, with infinite firearm knowledge to a millennial party where they got their first handgun. Sorry Sig Talk, I think your forum is manure.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I remember joining there when it was still sigtalk.org. Either it was the same time as I joined Sigforum or I was waiting to get membership here.

I think they were in the middle of moving to the .com site so in relatively short time, I was being told to go to the .com site. But, in any case, I quickly gravitated to this one. I think the last time I tried logging in, I was no longer a member. that would have been over 10 years ago.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19574 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
From here to there was like being on a forum with dudes smoking cigars, with infinite firearm knowledge .........

and sipping bourbon, don't forget the bourbon....

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:
The isle of misfit toys

Ah - thanks. I don’t really follow these things.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Hm, had never heard of sigtalk before this post. Have been only in Sigforum and appreciate all the info found here. And thank you, Para, for keeping this a great place for us.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paularmola:
I thouhgt I recognized your screen name Bill.
Yea, I made plenty of jokes on ST that many thought were funny. Until the powers that be thought otherwise. I baked out of ST quickly once it was brought to my attention that core members were being sent to the principal's office and asking me what I thought. Then I started paying more attention and realized that it wasn't a member focused forum, but a clickbait corporate forum.

Yep, that's me. I don't have issues with click-bait as I have an ad blocker installed. Yes, I see a few at the top of pages but nothing obtrusive that bother me.

As I said, I use ST for entertainment purposes only, and if I get put in ST jail or worse... oh well, nothing lost! Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4544 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a forum called sigarms556 as well; it was specifically about the 556 series of Sig rifles. I believe it is owned by the same Canadian entity. It was a decent place for rifle-specific conversation, for a time. It started to go south fast about two years ago. I sent a message to the admin, asking to have my membership terminated; they surprisingly actually obliged. Good riddance.

Posts: 2076 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I joined sigtalk years ago when I joined this one,

doing some research, etc etc, usual reasons,
and ended up staying here and not going there,

a good friend brought up Sigforum a few years ago, and we got to discussing forums,
while I did find out he was a member here, he mostly posts there, and surfs there more ,

I am to opposite,
I surf here almost every day, and have not been on sigtalk in years,

I wonder I still exist there.....

meanwhile, more on topic,

just looked and they are owned by the same folks that own Gunboards ,

I am a memeber of Gunboards, and everyone was freaking out a bit when Vic sold it,

however , once you got used to the changes in format, not much has changed,

and one section has remained password only by invite and is now invisible to the casual memmber)
another that was password restricted is still there, and while it will not show on new searches, it is open to the general membership,

no changes as far as banning etc, if you do something to deserve attention,, then you may get an infraction etc,

so saying that, it seems sigtalk may have a change in moderators/admin that have a axe to grind and want to get rid of some folks

eta, just tried, none of the emails I use show me as existing there,,, oh well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I didn't care for the place under its old/original ownership. I bet its a real gem now.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I never did go to ST or the other gun related forums so I don't really have an opinion of how other places do things.

I really do appreciate what Para and the Mods do around here though.

Para in addition to your openness regarding interactions with all of us here I would also mention you do not hesitate to admit when you have felt you were in the wrong.

Thank you.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I remember when ST started or at least thereabouts. Seems there was a lot of bravado there about being the “better” of the SIG-named forums.

I just looked them back up for the first time in quite a long while - by their forum’s appearance, I immediately see that it has the same look-and-feel of a couple of 1911-specific forums that were acquired by a Canadian outfit, those two and likely many others. Interesting.

I very much appreciate the independence of SF, its ad-free stance, etc. SF remains a haven.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
I was partially banned for not liking cats. It's a long story.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first joined here, I mentioned that the folks here seemed like a nicer group than the ST group. :-)

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 72 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Wow. I didn't even know a Sig Talk forum existed.

Personally I don't see a reason for me to venture there, I enjoy it here quite a bit, no reason to leave.

I'm in the same boat as you, SigForum and Youtube vids suck up all my extra energy!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:
The isle of misfit toys

Think they only had about 30 members most had been bounced from here.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7628 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
The isle of misfit toys … had no idear…

Diamond Jim. Big Grin

Posts: 6604 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
As far as forums go, I don't know of any worse forum than silencertalk. I don't even know if it exists anymore.

I perused SigTalk once or twice years ago. Might have even created a profile, but I don't really remember. Decided long ago SF is the one I'd be frequenting.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5367 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tell me something- do they allow political discussion there and, if so, what is the general tenor of the discussions?

Do they allow discussion of firearm brands other than SIG?

Posts: 107228 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post