SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stupidity at State Farm insurance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupidity at State Farm insurance Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've used a number of different insurance companies over the years with the exception of State Farm . I have never heard anything that would make me want to change that .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Several years back, I bought a new truck. I financed through Toyota and got a 0.9% rate.
I called State Farm to let them know I needed to add the new vehicle to my policy. A day later, a woman from our local State Farm office called and tried to get me to refinance using State Farm at an interest rate of around 6%. After letting this agent know I was not interested in going from a .9% to 6% loan, she had the nerve to call back the next day and try again. I told her that if she called again with this kind of BS, I would no longer be a State Farm customer. Roll Eyes

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’ve been with State Farm since 1988 when I was 16 years old with my first car, with the exception of a 4 year break when I was in the Army overseas and had no car.

Every couple years I try to shop around and find something better and cheaper and no one can touch what State Farm gives me for auto and homeowners, so I’ve literally never been with any other insurance company ever. I’m now 48.

I was having some issue with them resolving an issue to my satisfaction some years ago and my FIL told me to mention the PA state insurance commission, I went back and forth with my agent and he was being really stubborn and not willing to help me out. I told him fine, the next call I was making was to the state insurance commission and his whole attitude immediately changed. Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
You have had them for forty years. Drop in and see your friendly agent. Don't leave until HE straightens out the mess. Besides you do not want to deal with the Emu or Wet Teddy Bears. Switching insurance can be costly.

Staying with one insurance company can also be costly. I have good credit, good driving records, pay the year up front, have zero claims and between brokers or dedicated agents, the shit is bananas. Maybe it's Florida, but I'm not loyal to any of those assholes. When my policy is up, i'm shopping. If my renewal price goes up more than a few dollars, I'm 4 feet in to the agents ass. I dont give a fuck about longevity with insurance companies, at the end of the day, it gets you nowhere.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
It’s wild how insurance experiences vary so much.
I have been with State Farm for 23 years now and my grandparents likely near 60 years.
They have been nothing but great.
I shop all the major players in January of each year and no one can ever touch State Farm.

The service and claims handling has been absolutely impeccable. I got sued once because State Farm denied the fellas claim (as they should have). They provided my attorney fella went to court on my behalf 4 times, as I had moved out of state, then finally when I did appear he was there as well. Judge ruled in my favor. My rates were never raised nor did I have to pay a deductible.

We have had a couple incidents that were our fault. I got a 30+ over speeding ticket when I was 18, rear ended a lady, got clobbered by an uninsured driver, wife tapped the backend of a dude and did no damage to his car but ours had those stupid auto leveling/corner turning headlights that cost $2700 each.
Never once have our rates been raised except when we upgraded to a newer vehicle.

Once I got a $600 check from them out of the blue. I called the agent and he had no clue so he called the main office.
I guess at 23 you enter a new category that is lower in cost. That did not get added to my policy for a couple of years.
They did a random audit and sent me what extra I had been paying with interest.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is the ability to form a solid working relationship with your agent. I do not have the time to run around and try and get a better deal. Besides it all comes down to how the company handles your claims. If you have enough business you get better service.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Had complete coverage on an old Cadillac with State Farm.

Had a rock chip the windshield and asked if they could fix it. They said their spot fixer guy would make an attempt, if it didn't do good enough, then they would replace the glass.

I'm fine with that.

The sealant didn't fix the windshield, so they asked me if they could replace the windshield. Then they figured out that they would have to get the windshield custom made from a shop in Italy and the seal would be roughly $1200.

I had insurance with the guy for six and a half years before the premiums added up to the repair.

Like a good neighbor...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post