SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cost of license plates in Colorado.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cost of license plates in Colorado. Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I don't remember what I paid this year in Ohio. I know it didn't go down when they dropped the front plate requirement.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MS. license tags are very expensive. In contrast property taxes are very low. Landowners come out pretty well. People complain that it taxes the poor more heavily, but it never changes. We have always had just a rear license tag. It causes me to get stopped all the time when I travel to Illiniois. Oh did I mention my homeowners insurance is outrageous because of hurricanes,even though I live ten miles from the GOM and not in a flood area. It all evens out.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shhhiiiiitttttttt......

All you guys/gals got it easy. My wife’s 2017 Toyota Highlander plates are due for renewal by the end of the month. The Cornhusker state and Herbie the Husker will bend us over for $535!!!! That is good for one year. That is a regular passenger car plate. Not personalized or a specialty plate. It went down about $50 from last year.

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
My Texas plates are around $235 year, but I have personalized plates..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell them to go ahead and hire that clerk already!

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the plates have been high for quite a while. I remember when I bought a new truck on 2002. The plates for that were around $800.

On the flip side, If you don’t live in a metro district the property taxes are pretty low.

It’s give and take as with any other state. The trick is to drive an old car as the plate cost goes down the older the car gets.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Tell them to go ahead and hire that clerk already!

I don't mind funding the police, but half that other stuff is bogus.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can agree on the EMS fee and the POST fee, not on the rest.

Good to have the needed supplies for rescues.

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I really hate states that do this. They tax you when they buy the vehicle. Then they tax you because you own it. I know it's "legal", but it's hardly moral.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A significant percentage of our yearly fees goes towards subsidizing publik transportation projects, the exact percentage I don't remember but I do know that they are services that I don't use.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I paid close to that in California, Nevada and Arizona. Here, $29. Smile This does vary by county; some, like Hamblen where my brother lives, charge a "wheel tax" that puts it in the $60 range, but I don't know of anything much over that.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Try Arizona.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Montana sucks, then again, no sales tax. my 2020 chev CO was $441.76 it will be about the same the 2nd year then slowly go down as the value of the vehicle diminishes.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
This was for my 2016 F350. Shit is crazy expensive here when brand new.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Eek

God bless TX. Ours is a cheap (comparatively) flat fee, regardless of age or value.

It is, and you think it’s great until you get that property tax bill and realize you are still getting fucked. A friend has an $850k house in Maui and his property tax is $2k per year. I pay 5k per year and my house is nothing special at all. Not large and not fancy.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Wow, and I was mildly upset they charge us 2 bucks extra to renew via online vs going in person Big Grin

Last one done here. (Tennessee)
Date: 09/26/2020

Registration Fee: $.29.00
County Wheel Tax: $ 0.00
City Wheel Tax: $ 0.00
Mailing Fee: $ 2.00
Processing Fee: $ 1.64
Total Amount: $ 32.64

Note some counties here do have a wheel tax, just not mine.

The median property tax in Tennessee is $933.00 per year for a home worth the median value of $137,300.00

They get us on sales tax at 9 3/4% total state and local. But I'm OK with that, a pretty fair tax IMO.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WEll, it is creeping up all over, but not like that here....yet. Oh, did I mention some rhinos feel the same way, like the last two govs we have had here.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Wow. California DMV isn't that bad.

My 1959 Chevy is $129/year.

My wife 2014 Nissan is $289/year.

My 2003 Civic is $129.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Wow. California DMV isn't that bad.

So let's talk gun laws then.

BOOM! I win. Razz

I will say our climate is hell on roads, they just don't last here. CDOT is always busy.

But who the hell knows, I'm sure we are still paying too much for what we get.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Eff Juan Fiddy is $53 a year

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post