SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Today’s dumb thing I’m going to do because I’m married
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today’s dumb thing I’m going to do because I’m married Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
I’m going to drive 146 miles round trip to Wynn’s Market in Naples to pickup a cake. It’ll be 3 hours and at least $25 in gas. I’m told they have the best cake, much better than the Publix 1.5 miles down the road.

On the other hand, it’s actually two cakes for Mother’s Day, one for my wife, one for my mom and my mom lived in Naples for 20 years and likes the Wynn’s cake. Plus, I’ll be driving the wife’s twin turbocharged V6 vehicle with massaging seats. I’ll also be stopping in Fort Myers to look at gun safes.

Maybe it’s a Wynn win type thing? Still dumb though.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do what we do for the women in our life.

This will be the 2nd Mother's Day since my wife passed away from cancer.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Plus, I’ll be driving the wife’s twin turbocharged V6 vehicle with massaging seats. I’ll also be stopping in Fort Myers to look at gun safes.....

Well you could be home painting the spare bedroom... for your mother in law's upcoming month long visit....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Happy wife, happy life…

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Worth it

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
As long as you do not make assumptions and pronouncements of the confection's sexual orientation, this shall be a short thread...

And place them on the floor not the seat.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
As long as you do not make assumptions and pronouncements of the confection's sexual orientation, this shall be a short thread...

And place them on the floor not the seat.

Hindsight says, "follow this rule!"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I learned that one the hard way on the way to potluck. Green Bean Casserole everywhere. I swear the lid off the Corningware bounced off the glove box and flew like a frisbee into the back seat.

The cakes made it safely home, along with the flowers I'm supposed to give my 14 year old daughter after the play she's in tonight. We won't be mentioning who was the only father who did not bring flowers for his daughter's last play. Frown

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I learned that one the hard way on the way to potluck. Green Bean Casserole everywhere. I swear the lid off the Corningware bounced off the glove box and flew like a frisbee into the back seat.

The cakes made it safely home, along with the flowers I'm supposed to give my 14 year old daughter after the play she's in tonight. We won't be mentioning who was the only father who did not bring flowers for his daughter's last play. Frown

LOL - Wife and I went to see the first afternoon performance of The Nutcracker this last Christmas at San Diego's Civic Theater (ie, first time young kids performed in front of 2,000 people).

One of the fathers either didn't know about flowers or forgot but, his little 6-ish year old was definitely giving him a earful and using her outside voice while doing it!

Not sure if I was supposed to let out a few chortles but I did.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun road trip with a lot of potential for more fun at the end.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
It's all worth it.

Tomorrow I'll be driving 80+ miles round trip to pick up about $80 worth of the best caramel rolls to have for brunch on Mother's day with the family.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
We do what we do for the women in our life.

This will be the 2nd Mother's Day since my wife passed away from cancer.

PC

So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Sounds familiar. If it makes sense, do the opposite.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
3 hours on the road for $25 sounds like a good deal.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post