SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can't buy an air cleaner because it's not clean enough?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't buy an air cleaner because it's not clean enough? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
For fuck's sake, is there a legitimate reason why a Sharp room air purifier / air filter can't be shipped to CA? Probably every other state is okay except for friggin CA?

I can't but it from Prime or Home Depot - seems like it's available for other states, just can't have it shipped to CA. Seems like it doesn't meet CARB requirements?

I have a Sharp air purifier already and I like it. I have a different brand that is breaking down and want to replace it w/ another Sharp.

But seems like it's not possible unless I make a road trip to another state.

Off all the stupid ironies - I can't buy an air cleaner because it doesn't meet CA clean air standards? WTF?

BTW, the Sharp website indicates that the products of interest are CARB certified. I can't buy the one I want, but it does seem to let me buy the most expensive model with moronic "Smart" features and humidifier, neither of which I need or want, specifically the "Moronic" features.

God, please let me be able to leave this forsaken place sooner rather than later. Even if you have to kill me to do it. I won't mind.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Maybe it’s known to cause cancer in California. I have a couple of extension cords that apparently do.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call Gavin he probably has one.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe it’s known to cause cancer in California. I have a couple of extension cords that apparently do.

hahaha. i notice that a lot too. almost every product has some CA Prop tag or another. Everything is harmful to health and body. CA is just so fucked up.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Guess Sharp forgot to payoff the Ca climate bribe … errr fees.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
You could buy an Anvil and it would have that California sticker on it about causing cancer .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

Check your email.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
You could buy an Anvil and it would have that California sticker on it about causing cancer .

I know you are being sarcastic, but it’s probably true. CA has Proposition 65, which requires a warning label to be attached to any product that contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects.

I used to work in a steel mill shipping department. Every bundle of I-beams going to CA had to have its own warning label attached to it. That could be 4 or 40 depending on the load. Roll Eyes
I was so tempted to handwrite; “Warning: eating steel may be harmful to your health.”

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was under the impression that EVERYTHING causes cancer in CA.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Almost everything causes cancer in CA, if you read/believe the labels.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Because it runs on electricity silly.

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
To be fair, Prop 65 was just that… a Proposition. You cannot blame this on your leaders. You did it to yourselves.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Everything except communism is know to cause cancer in Kommiefornia.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
Everything except communism is know to cause cancer in Kommiefornia.

What makes you think Communism doesn't cause cancer?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
See if you can buy it in Nevada, road trip to Reno!

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO the cancer warning signs should be posted at every single border crossing into California. Because it's very well documented that living in that state causes Cancer of the Mind.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I went to school with a guy from Cali back in the late 90's who said even back then they were out of control with all the warnings that everything would kill you.

He said you could walk past a water fountain and there would be a big sign saying something like "this water may or may not kill you if you drink it".

I couldn't handle living in such a fucked up Commie/Nanny state. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I can offer some good news about the Shark Air cleaners. First, when you finally get one, register it with Shark.

We have one, with the 6 internal fans. Several of the control panel LEDs quit working. I called Shark CS. Verified the purchase date of November 2021.They connected to my phone video camera and I showed them the issue live by video. They confirmed and are replacing the unit. I had tocut the plug off the unit while on video. I have to pay $25.95 for shipping. New unit will carry a new warranty.

New plug at Home Depot, coupla bucks. oh yeah, I know where to use the touch screen to turn it on Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post