SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Whatta week

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Whatta week Login/Join 
Picture of billnchristy
posted
Friday last week one of our presses crapped a hydraulic pump. We diagnosed and they decided to run on 2 pumps. Monday we started up on 2 and it blew every 225a fuse in the house. Now we figure out the other pump stack is bad.

Lead time on new pumps, 5 months. We pull today to rebuild.

After lunch I learn another press has somehow completely eaten it's guides. Great, we will get to that Friday, too busy cleaning pump guts out of the other sump.

I sit down to make a call and building 2 calls me. "Hey we have no air and when I went to check the compressor all the oil was on the floor."

We go over, take off the panels and find the oil filter loose. They had just been serviced recently.

I can't take much more fun.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Report This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Time for a jack n coke.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, the ups and downs of the mechanical world.
We had days and sometimes a week like that and then other times it ran like a well oiled machine.
The more machinery you have, the more problems you have. Preventive maintenance should not be the cause of your problems however.
We had a few of those however, but when we did, someone always got reamed for it. Good luck on repairs.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
All that excitement and a paycheck too!

I remember when you got laid off at your last job and found this job. I'm not rubbing anything in. It's the thing about jobs that we wanted to have. I can sympathize. It's like "I can do everything. I just can't do everything all at once."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post