SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dead battery.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dead battery. Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
The Bronco Sport with the 1.5 L turbo is as fast in the quarter mile as the 1965 Mustang 289 4 Speed and that's fast enough for me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
The Bronco Sport with the 1.5 L turbo is as fast in the quarter mile as the 1965 Mustang 289 4 Speed and that's fast enough for me.

I hope they do a Raptor version, I'd consider it. For me acceleration is one of the only things that is making me happy at the moment.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
My 1990 F250 wouldn't start a while back. Shut it off and went to start it nothing. Couldn't jump it either. Checked the battery date and it was 8 years old. Got a good one I guess.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I hope they do a Raptor version, I'd consider it. For me acceleration is one of the only things that is making me happy at the moment.

You're in luck. They do make a raptor version.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bron...odels/bronco-raptor/

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're in luck. They do make a raptor version.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bron...odels/bronco-raptor/

I would 100% consider that except the price tag. Looks like I need to find a better job or get a promotion. The 3.0 is what the put in the MKZ and is a tiny upgrade to my 2.7. That would be a fun ride.

$75k with luxury package and forged wheels. Eek

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Every Porsche I’ve ever seen lives on a trickle charger.

Battery in my wife's Boxster went bad and I replaced it.. This was probably 5 or 6 years ago... 250 dollars and the damn thing was so heavy I had to stand in the front trunk to get it down in the compartment.

Just recently we went on vacation for two weeks and when we came home her new Ford Fusion Hyprid the doors would not even open... dead battery... in the truck which opens electronically... you are supposed to jump it off from the front though... booster battery would do nothing but 2 hour charge got it going again.... seems there are two batteries in the car... one is the big lithium one that runs the electric motor and there is a standard 12 volt that runs the electronics and starts the gas engine....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
A NoCo 2,5, or 10 would go a long way towards preventing the constant replacing of batteries in your vehicles. Even a NoCo 1 will keep up a battery, but it takes awhile longer.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perhaps some will benefit from my recent learning experience:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0088884?r=4110088884

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107591 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post