SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The weather....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The weather.... Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
I guess more accurately the season. Winter is just getting started and I'm already sick of the cold. There's a good reason birds migrate south and I think I should follow them. Wood stove's been going for a week straight now, too cold to ride motorcycles (for me at least), and it's now getting dark a 5pm. I get depressed just thinking December, January, February, so 4 more months until the ides of March and really March weather isn't good either, so 5 more months. I do read more in Winter and tend to cook more as well. I have some maintenance to do on motorcycles but not 3 months worth! I'm going to look into going somewhere warmer next Winter at least for a month hopefully 2 or 3. I don't care for Florida maybe Texas, NM, AZ. What about Mexico, anyone here ever winter in Mexico?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7032 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel better, the weather is shit down here. We're in a 10-day streak where it's been 10F cooler than normal, and rained 5 of last 10 days. We have 2 more days of this shit left.

Down here prime motorcycle weather is from October thru April. Sucks when I get a week off and we get weather like this.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23084 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that todd. I suppose rain is generally welcome there but not 5 out of 10 days.

Posts: 7032 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
We get tons of snowbirds here in Arizona every winter.

Join them.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warmed up today in the Yoop. 28 degrees. 40s later this week.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I suppose everything is relative to where one is located, but I prefer this time of year to summer, minus the rain, of course. Half of my working career was graveyard, so I actually prefer when it's dark. Less traffic on the streets and the way the streets are lit gives everything more personality than during the day.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I've shifted snow every day for the past 8. Today is the first day it hasn't snowed or blowed.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Here in central Texas I am enjoying the weather. The city was just starting the stage 2 drough restrictions. Hopefully the rain will charge the aquifer and lakes.

There are many snowbirds in west Texas and south Texas.

https://wintertexaninfo.com/CITY.php

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
We get tons of snowbirds here in Arizona every winter.

Join them.

I was in AZ last week, and it was downright chilly!
Then again... it was below freezing here when I got back. Yuck.

God bless America.

Posts: 13394 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
19° overnight low, high 48° today. Too cold for me, but fortunately I don't have to be out in it that much. My home, car and workplace are heated.

Posts: 27803 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Good replies and many are "enjoying" similar (or even worse) weather.
I think I want to be a snow bird!

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s been late December/January here in TX the past 10 days. F’in cold for this time of year. We usually don’t get freezing temps at night until a few days before Christmas. It was a 105 degree summer and now this cold..early.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

I think I want to be a snow bird!

Go west, young man, go west.... to Yuma AZ. Yuma is probably the warmest place you can find in the west USA in the wintertime. It's a tad warmer than Phoenix without all the traffic.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m in central AZ. 3500 feet elevation. It doesn’t rain often. It’s been so long I don’t remember the last rain, probably two months ago. It’s cold in the morning. Usually below freezing. Daytime highs are in the mid 60’s. Sunny almost everyday.
Downside us the springtime wind. It’s usually windy for April and May.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4021 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Yuma sounds OK. We spent a couple weeks in Tucson in March a few years ago which was nice. I briefly looked into buying a small place but never did then covid hit and have since decided I don't want to own a place unless maybe an RV.

I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
45 degrees and I was working outside and sweating like a pig.....

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2071 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
too cold to ride motorcycles (for me at least)

In the mid '60's I used to work along side an old German who claimed to be a dispatch motorcyclist on the Eastern front during WWII.

And some of the stories he told me. Talk about being COLD.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't care for Florida maybe Texas, NM, AZ. What about Mexico, anyone here ever winter in Mexico?

I'll send you some riding pictures from FL in January, just to make you care a little less Big Grin

Just got back from riding in Scottsdale area, as long as you stay away from the city streets there are plenty of mountain roads and places to go, or road trip to Tuscon, Bisbee, Tombstone, Naco, weather can get pretty cold up in the mountains, some of the riders got up there and it was snowing.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
My companion's brother lives in Ft Lauderdale and while the winters are nice, and it's great for boating which he does a lot of, I don't know how long I could enjoy myself there? But maybe take the canoe and combine a visit with some paddling and camping.... hmm.