SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The weather....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The weather.... Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Ft Lauderdale is just a part of the whole SE FL metroplex that extends basically from N Palm Beach to Homestead. You can have it.

Try the west coast around Naples or the NW FL area from Panama City to Pensacola.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Ft Lauderdale is just a part of the whole SE FL metroplex that extends basically from N Palm Beach to Homestead. You can have it.

Not for me I don't want it.

quote:
Try the west coast around Naples or the NW FL area from Panama City to Pensacola.

OK. I want to more rural areas to hike, camp, and canoe.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7070 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
If it makes you feel better, the weather is shit down here. We're in a 10-day streak where it's been 10F cooler than normal, and rained 5 of last 10 days. We have 2 more days of this shit left.

Down here prime motorcycle weather is from October thru April. Sucks when I get a week off and we get weather like this.
Update on my week off: 5-1/8" of rain so far. However, it looks like the weather just cleared and should be nice for the next 1.5 days.

It can be amazing down here in the Texas Gulf Coast in the "winter", but it can also be a cool, rainy bitch too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23205 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
60 degrees and sunny today in the Yoop. Snow nearly gone. Weird!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

It can be amazing down here in the Texas Gulf Coast in the "winter", but it can also be a cool, rainy bitch too.

Same here in NTX. I left for a week second week of November and as soon as I got back, cold. Freezing at night many nights. And the rain has been nonstop. Tired of it. Bricks me doing anything outside.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12619 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
As usual we've had some amazing swings. Was -9°F the other day and hit 70°F here (temperature inversion from the city and airport which were in the high 60s) yesterday. At 5:30pm this evening it is 35°F.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Highs here for the next predicted to be 29 to 51 depending on the day, with a few days including rain. Not bad weather to accomplish chores outside such as winterizing the mowers and tractor.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7070 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Ridewv - yes, we spent 2 amazing winters in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. We drove down from Montana, where we lived at the time. Those were the winters about 5 years ago. We decided to stay domestic after cartel activity picked up toward of the second winter. We spent the next 4 winters in Destin, Florida. We loved it there as well. We finally decided we were sick of spending 6 months away and 6 months in Kalispell, Montana.

Earlier this year we sold our place in Montana and bought 15 miles north of Tucson, Az in a senior community. While it rained today and was cooler, most of the days this week were in the 70’s with clear skys and 100% sunshine. We spent much of our free times this week sitting outside reading in the sun.

Sure, summers are hot but I don’t think we ever saw anything over 103° this summer. We’re at 3,400 feet - about 1,000 feet above Tucson. We made the right move.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post