SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    댕 그것!!! Oldest daughter got rear-ended while stopped at a red light - second rear-end in the BB61 household in the last 30 days or so!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

댕 그것!!! Oldest daughter got rear-ended while stopped at a red light - second rear-end in the BB61 household in the last 30 days or so! Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
This is the second daughter and second vehicle rear-ended in the last few weeks. Unfortunately, it looks like this one will be totaled out. Great. Not!!! This is not the best time to be looking for a new or used vehicle.
Anyway, my daughter was stopped at a red light when she was rear-ended. Good grief, it’s a red light, you know, the color that means your are supposed to stop and not go faster. It’s even one of the primary colors you learned in pre-school so it’s not like you don’t know what it is or means.

On top of this, I’m still dealing with the girl who rear-ended my other daughter (https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8040008284). She is now claiming she has insurance. But I haven’t seen it and my carrier wants to use CAPA certified parts - you mean the cheap parts that never fit, warp easily, rust, discolor, etc. etc. etc. I’m happy with refurbished OEM parts as it is an older vehicle. But really, CAPA certified????

On top of all this, I’m now down two vehicles and my oldest two daughters are heading to college in a couple of weeks. I guess I’ll be riding my Honda XR-250L to work for a while.

Oh yea, the Korean is NOT swearing.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We have seen a huge increase in wrecks this summer. People are driving like assholes while texting, eating and applying makeup simultaneously. Special folks. Law enforcement has its hands full with drugs and violent crime.

Like Sergeant Phil Esterhaus used to say, “Be careful out there.”

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got hit by an uninsured driver last December.

We had to pay extra for OEM parts.

Everyday, I see people driving and holding their cell phones and I'm sure their vehicles have Bluetooth.

Our son is a Deputy and has been hit twice by distracted drivers.

Our daughter is a nurse. They've had ambulances hit by distracted drivers. While they were parked at the hospital.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:

People are driving like assholes

I'm seeing it too, it's almost like people forgot how to drive the past year and a half while cooped up at home and not making any real trips anywhere. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That totally sucks.

So…what is the Korean?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
We got hit by an uninsured driver last December.

We had to pay extra for OEM parts.

Everyday, I see people driving and holding their cell phones and I'm sure their vehicles have Bluetooth.

Our son is a Deputy and has been hit twice by distracted drivers.

Our daughter is a nurse. They've had ambulances hit by distracted drivers. While they were parked at the hospital.

This is why I always carry uninsured motorist, and I always, always carry OEM parts coverage. Especially with the new(ish) BOSS.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
So…what is the Korean?

Google translate is "Dang it!"

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^
Correct. Para has asked not to swear in the title so I vented in Korean.

posted Hide Post
At least in Ohio we have a section on the crash report for "distracted driving." Causes such as cell phone ect. Yeah right, I never had anyone admit to that. I guess in the case of a fatal you could always subpoena the cell phone records....

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What an annoying run of bad luck. Thank goodness the impacts are only financial. I'm glad to not read about injuries. Hopefully you get it sorted out quickly.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
개자식!

왜 그래!!!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^
I've got to go back and check my Korean notes. I learned it a little differently, IIRC, nearly 40 years ago. LOL

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
^^^
I've got to go back and check my Korean notes. I learned it a little differently, IIRC, nearly 40 years ago. LOL

자식놈!
개새끼야!

All very appropriate terms to call the perpetrator. I know this because my taxi drivers use them often enough Smile

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Big Grin