SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shipping Fees At Palmetto State Armory
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping Fees At Palmetto State Armory Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Shipping a pistol to FFl: $18.00, pretty reasonable.

Add an extra magazine, ONE magazine, and shipping jumps to more than 27 bucks!

Nine dollars to tuck a magazine into the box? Seriously? Nope, not gonna do it, I'll get the magazine from Greg Cote.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know for sure, but you may want to check if they are shipping the non FFL items to your home instead of with the pistol. An extra $9 for a second package would track in today's economy.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

I don't know for sure, but you may want to check if they are shipping the non FFL items to your home instead of with the pistol. An extra $9 for a second package would track in today's economy.
I had not thought of that. If that's what they do, it doesn't make a lot of sense to ship a small item separately, when they are already shipping the pistol in a good-sized box.

If that's what they are doing (shipping the magazine separately), they are charging close to double what Greg Cote charges for shipping, so Greg gets my business anyway.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
They might be shipping from two different locations.

You can’t go wrong buying from Greg.

Posts: 9969 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If that's what they do, it doesn't make a lot of sense to ship a small item separately, when they are already shipping the pistol in a good-sized box.

I mean, I agree with your logic. However, they can't guarantee the extra magazine gets to the customer if they ship it along with the gun to the FFL. More than once, I've heard of extras in the box vanishing when someone went to pick up a gun from their FFL. Maybe your FFL is an honest guy, but they can't know that, and ship separate to either avoid this, or not repeat a situation that has already happened.

Posts: 17151 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

I mean, I agree with your logic. However, they can't guarantee the extra magazine gets to the customer if they ship it along with the gun to the FFL. More than once, I've heard of extras in the box vanishing when someone went to pick up a gun from their FFL. Maybe your FFL is an honest guy, but they can't know that, and ship separate to either avoid this, or not repeat a situation that has already happened.
Maybe. But Pawn Shop Guy here in Apopka, FL is a straight-up dude. I have been using him for years. Matter of fact, he is one of the FFL choices shown on the Palmetto website -- if there was any problem history with him, I think that Palmetto would not list him.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
They might be shipping from two different locations.

This was my first thought too. For instance, when I order from RockAuto, they ship from several different warehouses. I check carefully where the parts are coming from, b/c very easily an order is no longer economical if you have say, five parts shipping from from five different warehouses. The shipping charges will kill the deal.

Sometimes you have products that are pre-boxed, such as a case of ammo. If you order twenty 50-round boxes of handgun range ammo, it's likely it's already neatly packaged. If you want twenty-one boxes, that one extra box will require shipping box of its own, and it might have to ship separately too.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Even if they're shipping from the same location, sometimes they charge a flat fee per item.

This was years ago, I ordered 15 stripped lowers. They charged $7 shipping EACH. Even though they packed 5 lowers in a box and sent three packages. I still paid $7 each for shipping.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8022 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually when a FFL item AND non-FFL item are purchased, they ship the non-FFL item directly to you
Did this w/ Brownells and they did NOT charge extra for the shipping to separate locations.

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey V Tail how much does your guy charge for a transfer? I have only found 50 dollar guys around here so I haven't transferred anything since I moved. Ugh.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Hey V Tail how much does your guy charge for a transfer? I have only found 50 dollar guys around here so I haven't transferred anything since I moved. Ugh.
Five bucks for the phone call plus twenty five for each firearm on the same 4473, so $30 for one gun, $55 for two, etc.

He's a good dude. One-man pawn shop. He does have a small selection of firearms for sale. I got a nice S&W Model 65 (early one, pinned and recessed, no lawyer lock) from him at a good price. He's across the street from Mullinax Ford on SR 436 in Apopka. All-American Pawn. Let me know if you want his phone number / email address, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
After the holidays I might just do that. Thanks.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Shipping is a big money maker for some companies. As part of my job responsibilities, I had to interface our 4 UPS and FedEx ship stations with our company databases. I programmed in an additional $.80 markup on every package in a shipment. We shipped thousands of packages per day.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4833 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Another example. Free shipping for a complete upper. If you add a sight to the package, it's no longer free, although they both just ship together in the same package.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post