SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Salty Wings
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salty Wings Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
We recently went to Buffalo Wild Wings. It had been so long we forgot why we stopped going. When we received the wings we remembered.

Holy moly, you would have thought they dipped them in salt not buffalo sauce. Even some milder barbecued type my wife got were salty to the extreme. They were like this the time before, but I do not remember it always being this way.

Did something change for all of them?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe too long in the brine?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Maybe too long in the brine?

I think all the salt was in the sauce but who knows. Maybe it was both.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Went there twice. It wasn't busy, took 10 minutes to get seated. After 15 minutes we still weren't asked for a drink order so we walked out.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pre covid we went there twice. The first experience was so bad the manager comped the meal and gave us a gift card. The second time we used the gift card. Have never had any desire to try a third time.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to go when it was called BW3's and their wings were pretty good.
I honestly can't remember the last time I've been there but to much salt would have me not going back. I don't use a lot of salt in anything.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the Yooper BW once. The noise level was such that I could not talk to my GF. I recall the wings were on the salty side. Never been back.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Timely post! We went yesterday as we were nearby. Other options sucked worsely.

Wife: 6 traditional wings with something/garlic sauce (sucked)
Me: Blue Cheese Burger with fries.

Waitress brought the meal. Sorry, we have no Blue Cheese but I gave you some Blue Cheese Dip. Nice of you to tell me before hand.

$25 for lunch!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, we have no Blue Cheese but I gave you some Blue Cheese Dip.
You ordered something that was on the menu and they decided to substitute something else without discussing it first?

Nope, not acceptable. Definitely not acceptable for twenty-five bucks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Ohio and went to B-Dubs when there were two locations in Ohio and that's it. Two locations. Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. You could smoke in the place, they had a ladies night, pool tables, and wings were 20 Cents on wing night. I am happy for their success and continue to go every Tuesday.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I've had a few there myself, but just when I think I'm out, they puuuul me back in!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We go to a local wing place, single location, always busy, great wings, sauce is always good.

Used to hit Hooters, then Wing House, now Papa Bees, local and good...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And here i keep thinking, "at least the OP has no complaints about the salty nuts."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

We go to a local wing place, single location, always busy, great wings, sauce is always good.
What place?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the last place here to go for wings. I am not a drinker and do not care for professional sports. So for me its 3 strikes. Fortunately there are several local pizza joints that have great wings. The one we have been to several times. They also offer great broasted chicken and jo-jo potatoes. The manager will call every so often and offer us a dozen of full size wings (broasted) for $5. She will have several packages of hot sauce ready for me or will sauce them if I ask.

Posts: 545 | Location: OH | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
It had been so long we forgot why we stopped going.

They went anti-carry in 2013. That did it for me.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

What place?

Papa Bees Wings

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What place?
Papa Bees Wings
Looks good, and not to far out of the way for me. I'll give it a try and report back to you.

They probably don't have Clausen Garlic Pickles.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What place?
Papa Bees Wings
Looks good, and not to far out of the way for me. I'll give it a try and report back to you.

They probably don't have Clausen Garlic Pickles.

No but the Hot/Mild Garlic Wing sauce is tasty
They also have cold beer, the fries are good as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What place?

Papa Bees Wings

Ever try the NUKE hot ones? Makes me want to come to FL just to try them.

Posts: 545 | Location: OH | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simmy952:

Ever try the NUKE hot ones? Makes me want to come to FL just to try them.

I haven't, generally get the Hot Garlic,