SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Girl Scouts cookie markup
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Girl Scouts cookie markup Login/Join 
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
I cannot eat sugary cookies since my cancer surgery (Google dumping syndrome, it is worse in real life than it is in writing). They mobbed me while exiting my local grocery store yesterday. I told them my doctor told me not to eat sugary things. One of the GS's told me to buy them and then give them away. The smallest one said I could just make a donation. I bought the dang cookies and gave them to the folks at the local FD.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I just give a dollar or two, no cookies. Heaven Hill and the NRA are my charities of choice.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
Try Aldi's version. Pretty close.
I can’t tell the difference!

Other than that they’re 98 cents for a box.
You must have a better Aldi than I do. I paid $1.45 yesterday.

The package I bought is almost gone now. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
Try Aldi's version. Pretty close.
I can’t tell the difference!

Other than that they’re 98 cents for a box.
You must have a better Aldi than I do. I paid $1.45 yesterday.

The package I bought is almost gone now. Frown

Just picked up a package of the Aldi and they are delicious. Pretty much spot on. Thanks

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I've never thought that Girl Scout cookies were all that good. Hell, they don't even sell chocolate chip cookies. I only buy the cookies to contribute to them. I never thought it would be a thing for people to want to buy cheap knock off cookies to save money. Roll Eyes Razz

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
The price officially went up this year to $5 a box. They were $4 a box for years, costs finally caught up.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
The price officially went up this year to $5 a box. They were $4 a box for years, costs finally caught up.

Not around here. Still $4. In fact, we got three cases of Thin Mints, 3 of Samoas and single cases of others to get rid of. Hopefully one more booth will do it.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:

Not around here. Still $4. In fact, we got three cases of Thin Mints, 3 of Samoas and single cases of others to get rid of. Hopefully one more booth will do it.

My niece is a girl scout. Half of the cookies she sold were $4 a box on the price list, the other half were $5 a box. Perhaps shipping and location who knows.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Walmart's Great Value Chocolate Mint cookies are very good.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gre...okies-10-Oz/11997740

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8336 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post