SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People thinking it’s ok the tear down a brand new gun at a gun store
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People thinking it’s ok the tear down a brand new gun at a gun store Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's the sales person's responsibility to demonstrate the weapon BEFORE ever handing it to the customer.

Offer to show disassembly and inspection on a mat and explain the parts.

If the weapon is an antique, the by all means it's the sales person's responsibility to explain the fragile nature of it and demonstrate proper handling.

They will do it at the major retailer in Smyrna.

All of this seems to be 100% failure of the staff.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So a clerk is supposed to field strip each gun and show the potential customer how it is taken down? Mmmkay.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. Safety is job number one. Period.

Any failure is a direct responsibility of the staff.

If they can't handle that, get a more complicated job like flipping burgers and upselling fries.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
So a clerk is supposed to field strip each gun and show the potential customer how it is taken down? Mmmkay.

both the company I work for, and the side business my brother and I own, offer it to anyone ,

basic field stripping and cleaning regime, not armorer etc related stuff,

if they (customer) wants to deep dive into it, then a time is scheduled to show them, but that rarely happens,

most folks, either know what the want and will buy it, or are shopping with an idea of what they want, they just want to put one or a dozen in their hands to see what it feels like

rarely will someone want to break it down in any way, even the older stuff,

we do draw the line on pricey collectibles,
you want to finger fuck and take down a NIB Colt SAA 2nd gen in the original box, ,with no drag line on the cylinder,, fine, do it after you buy it and get it home,

rarely will someone ask something as silly, and you can usually tell they are not a person that would buy one,

BTW, 2 things mess up a gun more than anything,
having to put them away every night and back out every morning , (they are bound to get scuffed or dinged somewhere, regardless of how careful you are)
and customers (and employees) finger fuking them

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
Just wait until you've ordered a Wilson Combat and go in to pick it up and one of the guys is letting a customer look at it!

That's when you get your own FFL!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5055 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A used firearm with no expressed warranty, yes.

New gun, no.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goingbroke:
Just wait until you've ordered a Wilson Combat and go in to pick it up and one of the guys is letting a customer look at it!

I'd be hopping pissed off. Like, ruin the manager's day level pissed off.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I peel every banana at the store before I buy it. But then, I never buy a used banana, and only buy them new online, so they have not been messed with...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Took a Smith & Wesson model 41 to a gun shop today to possibly trade it on something else. The clown behind the counter walked off with it to the back room, and came back with a screwdriver and was partway through removing the grips. All this, without asking.

Asshole then offered me $400 for it and got offended when I told him we were too far apart to even talk price. "Well, I'm the resident Smith & Wesson expert and I know what those go for."

So yes, completely douchebaggey can be found on both sides of the counter. And yes, I left with my Smith and chose not to be insulted at his insulting offer.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post