SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stores that don't open until 9AM
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stores that don't open until 9AM Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Many places of business in this small desert town, with no DST, have winter and summer hours. In the summer, you can get in quite early at some places. But I agree, 09:00 is too late for me any time of year. I'm usually done and back home by then.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
The 1st 2.5 years we were open we opened at 8am closed at 8pm. I sat down one day looked at the receipts from 8-9, 9-10, 6-7 and 7-8. The average combined for all 4 hours, roughly 100 hours of open time per month, as a monthly total was $241. The next Mon we went 10-6 M-F and 10-5 Sat closed Sun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by southernmaninla:
The 1st 2.5 years we were open we opened at 8am closed at 8pm. I sat down one day looked at the receipts from 8-9, 9-10, 6-7 and 7-8. The average combined for all 4 hours, roughly 100 hours of open time per month, as a monthly total was $241. The next Mon we went 10-6 M-F and 10-5 Sat closed Sun.

COVID did this for a lot of businesses, they ended up shorting hours for either compliance, labor, or lack of customers in certain hours.

My LGS used to be open to 9pm, range open until 8, would ride over after dinner to fondle guns, shoot, or maybe buy something.

They started closing at 7 during DaRona and it's stayed that way. Imagine they found the same, after 7 sales were not profitable...

Interesting enough it's save me a lot of money, no more range membership there, no more purchases, since I don't go during the day due to work, busy on weekends. Joined another range closer to the house with less crowds, more rednecks and better cost.

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by southernmaninla:

COVID did this for a lot of businesses, they ended up shorting hours for either compliance, labor, or lack of customers in certain hours.

My LGS used to be open to 9pm, range open until 8, would ride over after dinner to fondle guns, shoot, or maybe buy something.

They started closing at 7 during DaRona and it's stayed that way. Imagine they found the same, after 7 sales were not profitable...

Interesting enough it's save me a lot of money, no more range membership there, no more purchases, since I don't go during the day due to work, busy on weekends. Joined another range closer to the house with less crowds, more rednecks and better cost.

We changed our hours in 2017.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work in a store that used to be open until 6pm. We started closing at 5pm because we were making about 50 bucks, on average, between 5 and 6, with an overhead of 450 per hour. If it's not profitable, it ain't gonna happen.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
A few of the local chain hamburger joints went from 10:00 AM to 11AM during Covid.

Anyway, I quit going altogether until they finally swung back to 10AM and now I'm happy.

It's interesting that they all went back to 10am at about the same time. It's almost like they got together and made a group decision.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Last car dealership I worked in the last hour of the day M-F was a loser, we were open until 7.

Saturdays, I. The shop the usual activity was oil changes and minor repairs. Again, the last hour from 1-2 was nothing except for the “I lost my keys and wallet so I have no proof of ownership, can you still make me keys?” crowd. Those and the “Can you wait for me, I’m an hour away?” club members too.

Those “magic hour” calls as I used to refer to those as, no different than the dread when a phone rings or a text message alert after midnight.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8096 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
had a contractor by to do some work at the house, he said he wanted to start a bit late in the AM, if I did not mind,

no problems for, I was off all day and had plenty to do around the house,

when he arrived just before 11, he told me he did not like to get to HD or Lowes early, since the Cartel's were usually lined up,

by Cartels he meant Hispanic construction guys, he said it seemed like every contractor arrived before 10 and it would take forever to get in and out,

I noticed the same thing of a sort at a local gas station, it's the only one inside a 7 mile radius, and the grass cutting folks will tie up all 4 pumps for a hour or so several days a week,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
had a contractor by to do some work at the house, he said he wanted to start a bit late in the AM, if I did not mind,

no problems for, I was off all day and had plenty to do around the house,

when he arrived just before 11, he told me he did not like to get to HD or Lowes early, since the Cartel's were usually lined up,

by Cartels he meant Hispanic construction guys, he said it seemed like every contractor arrived before 10 and it would take forever to get in and out,

I noticed the same thing of a sort at a local gas station, it's the only one inside a 7 mile radius, and the grass cutting folks will tie up all 4 pumps for a hour or so several days a week,

I mentioned in an earlier post that I went to Home Depot at 6:10 a few days ago. When I arrived, the parking lot was pretty much empty.

When I left 20 minutes later, I was dodging Cartel workers going out the door and the lot was packed. Yeah, I guess they do like to start early.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I went to the local Home Despot to get some exterior lights. They open at 0600, and after a coffee and doughnut, I was there around 0615. Store was open, all was well… except the damned lighting department. “In order to save costs, HD has suspended the electricity in the lighting aisles unto 0900. This will save x amount of energy for the nation, in a time of crisis”.

What
The
Actual
Fuck

Time of crisis? Bullshit. It saves HD a bunch of money in electricity bills as this was done nationwide. Three hours of a lot of lights, I get it. But at least let me press a button that turns on the power for 30 seconds. It’s impossible to buy exterior lighting without seeing how bright the lights are.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post