SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shanequa in the Chick Fil A drive thru
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shanequa in the Chick Fil A drive thru Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Yeah yeah holiday weekend. I’ve worked 31 days straight and did an all nighter last night. I’m slammed at work fending off H1B Visas from trying to grab a piece of my work (re-engineering work) and the big boss man wants all this shit done. Today was the most tired I’ve been in years and got to about 1pm today working nonstop since early Thursday and passed out until the evening. I get one cheat meal a week and Chick is the closest crack house so drive up there for a sandwich wasted tired still. Just did not want to cook as my fridge and freezer is all health food I have to cook.

So I get in line. Oh my I see Virginia plates. You know how this place works. They have 2 drive thru lines that merge into one. I’m in the left. And the Virginia plate sedan in front of me is taking an enormous amount of time. I mean I was sitting there for 10-15 minutes waiting on the little hot 19 year old to take my order and take my card. The right lane 6 cars order and skip me. I’m tired, hungry and not in the mood. I finally get to the nice looking young lady and politely ask what happened. “She ordered like 10 full meals”. I say damn. Ain’t mad at you but that is ridiculous. This was at 9:30pm not at dinner time mind you. She apologizes and I ask if the walk in is open and she says yes. Felt sorry for this girl she said a couple of people have done this and it’s stressful. I’m like well my deal is easy #1, no pickles pay and move on. More minutes pass and I’m handed my sack as is the vehicle in front of me. You know normal type bags of shit for 1 person or a couple of people. I politely ask the lady handing out the food if she can wave off the vehicle 2 cars ahead of me as I know they ordered like $100 worth of shit. She smiles and actually does it. They at least continue to have service. This lady whines a bit then pulls out and around the front of the building so 2 vehicles can split.

I’ve seen this another time months ago (I don’t beat a meal out most weeks these days) when 4 Gen Z’s ordered $100 worth of Whataburger. Same deal, walk in is open but nope. They held up the line for almost 30 minutes. Finally same thing, the staff says sorry you ordered a lot of food you need to pull in front and we’ll bring it out. Gen Z’s are all puzzled. I finally get to the window and get informed and the guy is being all nice, and I said tell me the truth. He says “that car right there ordered over $100 worth of food” You could tell the worker was pissed. That’s something you phone in ahead of time, be courteous and ask when you can pick it up. That’s what I’d do. He knew I wouldn’t say anything and said “They need to take their sorry asses to the grocery store. We’re jammed up half an hour now” and we both had a laugh.

Is this some new shit? Back in the day, a family man, father, etc, if he was getting meals for his family of 4, 6, whatever, would walk in, order all the shit and patiently wait at a table. Now these mother fuckers are regularly ordering this much shit and jamming up a line for half an hour for their entitlement? This is yet another reason why I rarely eat out. It’s like people don’t have any got damn common sense. I have never done something like this in my life and never will. You serving that much pick up food call it in and do everyone a favor. Do it for the children!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Amen. I figure I would program the drive through registers to cap orders at $50.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
They’d find a way to work around it. Like placing 2 orders.
We live 2 hours from a major city with Chik FilA, so if I have to run to the big city, I tell my husband to put in an order online about 25 min before I get in the area, pull in line, tell them who I am and what was ordered, and they have me pull through to a parking space where I wait until they’re damn good and ready to get it to me (that’s only if it isn’t already bagged and ready to go). Timing wise it works out just fine. I have had ppl in front of me order quite a bit on the spot, but the employees at the location I visit have it down to a fine science. They are located on a major thoroughfare right next to the on-ramp of an interstate highway, not a local backstreet, so maybe that plays into how they seem to handle it so well. They are typically easy breezy.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stop at McDonalds for drive thru breakfast once a week. A few times I've ended up behind this fellow who orders with long winded special requests like jelly on something or another. He takes forever ordering but the staff does park him forward in the waiting spots to keep the line moving.
It does seem to me that a slowly increasing number of folks can't play by the fast food process of ordering a meal number and moving along. A few do bask in the glory of being waited on while everyone else waits as well. I love to see the line move along while the person making it complicated is asked to stand aside.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 328 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Our local fast food shops are getting smart to these entitled customers and have started setting up designated parking spots to let their ass sit and wait for the crew to get a chance to gather up their crap and run it out to them.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My Chick-Fil-A gripe: The two handicapped parking slots at the local Chick-Fil-A store are right next to the store entrance door.

Great! Until you realize that these parking slots are isolated from the rest of the world by the line for the drive-up window, and you have to depend on somebody in the drive-up line giving you a break.

Most of the time this is no problem. I just wave to get the attention of a driver, point at the handicapped parking, and the other driver gives an acknowledgement wave and holds position to let me slip through.

Note that this courtesy does not delay the people in the drive-up line from getting their food, not even one micro-second of delay, because once s/he gets past the handicapped parking slots there is still a waiting line.

Most of the time there is no problem, but all too frequently, the driver of a car in the drive-up lane will make eye contact with me and then immediately close the gap to prevent me from getting through. She has not saved any time for getting her food, but she sure showed me that I wasn't going to get through the line!

Always, invariably, with absolutely no exceptions, every single time, the driver who does this has been an obese woman, likely named Shanequa, driving a shiny new BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, or Escalade.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Is this some new shit? Back in the day, a family man, father, etc, if he was getting meals for his family of 4, 6, whatever, would walk in, order all the shit and patiently wait at a table. Now these mother fuckers are regularly ordering this much shit and jamming up a line for half an hour for their entitlement? This is yet another reason why I rarely eat out. It’s like people don’t have any got damn common sense. I have never done something like this in my life and never will. You serving that much pick up food call it in and do everyone a favor. Do it for the children!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No this used to happen when I was a teen. Usually the older teen or low man on the totem pole was sent to Burger King to order meals for the construction crew. Through the drive through of course. I eat fast food about twice per year and generally avoid this.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
what a racist AF title

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Covid changed everything, people use the drive through more than ever, few go inside.

I use the CFA app, pre-order then pull into a numbered spot, tap the app, enter the spot number and wait a few minutes. Food is brought to the car hot n fresh.

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep. The "COVID" crap has a part to play in this sort of thing.

For more than two years, shutting down the "eat in/walk in "traffic, so many places shuttering, more people conditioned to use the drive-thru, (as well as not having staff enough for anything but drive thru) and the continued oozing down the lazy river of society, this has become a greater issue than the few self absorbed folks in the past.

I am old and set in my ways. I am like Leo Getz, and will avoid the drive through at almost any cost.

To the point, that if they do not serve the lobby, I will almost always skip them. And have almost cut out fast food because all of this. Except when I am on the road.

Drive-thru made sense when it was "Cheesbordger Cheesbordger Petsi Petsi no fries, two cheeps!"
Now, the 4926 items, (with substitutes), and people that go deer in the headlights at the thought of a yes or no question, the cost of fuel, not so much.

(and as I only like CFA and Popeyes for chicken, Wendy's for "Cheesbordger" and McD for McMuffin, I think I will try their apps and to that order, wait. I don't mind the wait, just the drive thru).

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I remember in my high-school Burger King days, they'd request large orders at the drive thru go inside to order.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I use the Chick Fil A app. I can order at my own pace, customize to my desires and not bother with anyone else.

Also collect rewards such as free food and points which can be redeemed for free food.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I use the CFA app, pre-order then pull into a numbered spot, tap the app, enter the spot number and wait a few minutes. Food is brought to the car hot n fresh.
I wish that it worked that way at the Chick-Fil-A location I usually go to (SR 436 in Apopka, near Hunt Club Blvd).

I can use the app to pre-order and pre-pay at that store, but they to not bring the order out to the car. This location offers two choices:
  1. Go through the drive-up line. That sort of defeats the purpose of pre-ordering through the app, as it does not save any time at all. Might as well just get in line and order when you get there.

2. Park and go in to the "order pick-up" location at the counter. That works, it's reasonably fast, but I either have to park further out from the store and hobble across the parking lot with my cane, or deal with the problem of penetrating the drive-up line in order to get to the handicapped parking slot near the door.
They do not offer delivery to your car (McDonald's does, but not Chick-Fil-A.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It never fails. I always pull in behind a minivan full of indecisive people or some jackass ordering for the whole office.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I use the Chick Fil A app. I can order at my own pace, customize to my desires and not bother with anyone else.

Also collect rewards such as free food and points which can be redeemed for free food.

We order ahead & run through the drive thru line.
Did it last night while in the CFA parking lot, then got in line.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15278 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It never fails. I always pull in behind a minivan full of indecisive people or some jackass ordering for the whole office.

The indecisiveness is just mind blowing. They act like a fast food joint is some French 5 star restaurant and the menus is in French. For fuksake, you’ve been there before. The fatties have been there a thousand times. Nothing is complicated. If you cannot decide, cool, sit down, or here’s a real Einstein moment, use your got damn phone and look at their menu before you even go. These people are on their phones all day everyday.

There is just no more common sense and courtesy anymore.

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
what a racist AF title

You should hear me talk about white people. They get it 10X more, especially the Karens. I love black people. Even my black friends say they detest the shitty people in their race more than any other. I’m the same. Entitled white people with “I’m the queen” attitude piss me off more than anything. I had a Karen at Costco a few weeks ago with some coupon or certificate. She couldn’t be bothered to bring in the one Costco mails you. Oh no. Her fat dumb ass had to print it from her phone instead. I’m like honey you could show your phone, they can scan the code right off it. It has the code and spare the entire line. Nope. Her Einstein self had to print it off and the print was minuscule. The cashier was a 30 or 40 something African American gentleman who wore glasses. I couldn’t read the shit either, I tried, to get the line moving. Maybe if I had my readers with me I could made the digits out. This guy makes a crack and calls over an Asian young woman. He says something to the effect of girl come over and see if you can make these numbers out, y’all see better. He started laughing, she started laughing. Racial overtones but done in jest. Nobody was offended, Ripley’s Believe it or Not. The Asian woman could actually read it, no glasses. Bam, line starts moving.

Sorry dude, I bag on people equally who deserve it. I should have posted about those Gen Z crackers at Whataburger. Will never forget it. They finally got shoved aside and made to wait. I get my food, stop as I pull up to them. All 4 of them in a hatchback. All 4 heads down buried in their phones like the fucking idiots they are. They all look up from their phones like “what is going on?”. I just shake my head and leave.

No different than in the lounge, with a thread called AOC Macarena Cortez or whatever. Whomever posted that thread originally, I highly doubt, is a racist. They’re just tired of it. For whites folks the stereotypical names for the idiots are Chad and Karen and aren’t so colorful as the names in other races. We use Shenequa as a term to describe a fat black woman who is all entitled at the store, food place, whatever. $300 hairdo, painted fake long ass nails. Shenequa does as Shenequa does and everyone has to put up with it. Is what it is. You will run into her.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Covid changed everything, people use the drive through more than ever, few go inside.

I guess that's true where you live, but it's not true here.

People here prefer to go in and a very few use the drive through.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just like when dining indoors with parties of 10 or more and a surcharge gets applied, they should have a surcharge for drive throughs ordering more than, say, seated occupancy (let's say 6 per car). If you order food for more then 6 people, then you get a 20% surcharge.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post