SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shanequa in the Chick Fil A drive thru
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shanequa in the Chick Fil A drive thru Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
“that car right there ordered over $100 worth of food”

I stopped at Burger King last night on my way home from the range, something I haven't done in a long time. My order was $14.65. Eek Just me. Doesn't take much to get to $100 today. Frown

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:...For fuksake, you’ve been there before. ...

"Get outta the line!"

-John Pinette (RIP)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Covid changed everything, people use the drive through more than ever, few go inside.

I guess that's true where you live, but it's not true here.

People here prefer to go in and a very few use the drive through.

That's because it's Arizona and 925 degrees outside and Air Conditioned inside the restaurantSmile. True.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It never fails. I always pull in behind a minivan full of indecisive people or some jackass ordering for the whole office.

I get that a lot in the Starbucks drive-thru (yeah, I know I'm the only one here that likes their coffee).

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

"Get outta the line!"

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:...For fuksake, you’ve been there before. ...

"Get outta the line!"

-John Pinette (RIP)

He is so right. People are fucking idiots.

I remember when I used to go lunch every day with my team years ago. I hated spending the $ every day but they were all foodies and it was a different place every day. Many of the times would be the stand in line deals in sub for sit down and served by waiter, etc. And if it was half way decent, at lunch time, always a line. Could be, 10, 20 or 50 people. It never fucking failed man. We’re in line 10 minutes already, 15 minutes, maybe 20 at the worst. They got a HUGE ASS MENU on the wall you could see from the parking lot. All up and down the line they have little menus, on printed paper too, hoping to catch some idiots. We’re almost to the front to order and the group right in front of us have got damn Karens in it, who’ve been yapping non-stop for 20 minutes in this fucking line. One Karen says to another Karen, do y’all know what you want? I have no idea what I want. What all do they have here? As she stands their completely indecisive, scrambling up and down a menu she then begins to ask the cashier or order taker got damn 10 different questions. You can tell the cashier is not pleased, at all. I can see the anger in the face. Place is slammed. I turn around behind me and see all sorts of disgruntled folks behind.

Now here is the kicker..it’s a burger joint. Basically they got burgers, chicken sandwiches, and fries and it’s been many years but something like regular fries, seasoned fries, or sweet potato fries. About it. About as simple as it gets. Karen run ins like this at lunch, I can’t count how many times we’d be sitting at a table with that little number thing waiting and we’d have to go back up to the counter, get someone other than the cashier because we were still mindful of the line and didn’t want to interrupt the cashier or line, and say I’m real sorry but the line etc, we need ours to go, we have to get back to work. They’d understand and apologize. Next thing you know we’re all back at work having to cram food down our throats while we work.

This entitlement bullshit and not giving 2 fucks about people around you, behind you, etc, at the grocery store, food place, society in general, yeah it’s always been there. To me the % of people acting this way has just grown exponentially. And in the past I didn’t see Karens get off on it but I do see people intentionally doing shit like this today. The same way there is that ass hole driving in the fast lane on the highway going 10, 15 mph under the speed limit just to fuck with people trying to get into an altercation, purposely trying to piss other people off. Or it’s just plain ol’ NPD multiplying.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
“that car right there ordered over $100 worth of food”

I stopped at Burger King last night on my way home from the range, something I haven't done in a long time. My order was $14.65. Eek Just me. Doesn't take much to get to $100 today. Frown

A Whataburger meal, even if you spruce it up is $10. Cashier said they ordered over $100 in food. So it was 10 meals or more. This was prior to all this inflation and crazy time. People just don’t think or give a shit about anyone but themselves. It’s marketing they have been programmed with that they believe, social media applications, a whole generation of people brought up with smartphones and social media who’ve been marketed to since they could talk how special they are and how they are super-thar. Many of this generation aren’t even interested in real work, a profession in life. They are all living at home in their parents basement trying to be an influencer.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, The ones who get to the front of the line and act like they have never seen the menu before?

Guess what. It is the same thing that you stared at yesterday you dumb shit!

And I had to work with these people all week! Roll Eyes

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Covid changed everything, people use the drive through more than ever, few go inside.

I guess that's true where you live, but it's not true here.

People here prefer to go in and a very few use the drive through.

That's because it's Arizona and 925 degrees outside and Air Conditioned inside the restaurantSmile. True.

Nope. Same thing happens in the winter. I sometimes wonder why they bother having drive throughs here.

OTOH, starbucks has a line you wouldn't believe every morning.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“People just don’t think or give a shit about anyone but themselves.”

This is it, in a nutshell.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

The indecisiveness is just mind blowing.

This.

I love my wife, but fast food or fancy restaurant, if there’s more than two items on the menu she’s paralyzed and can’t make up her mind to save her life. She will analyze, ask questions, ask for recommendations, and generally bring the ordering process to a crawl. Worst of all, after ordering, 9 times out of 10, she will change her mind and ask if she can have something else instead.

Whenever possible, I make her go through the menu online before we arrive so she can agonize over the options without the server or other people having to wait.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6371 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
CoolRich, I think I married her sister. *sigh*

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna pray for y’all. I’d have a coronary.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
No one wants to get their lazy ass out of their cars anymore since the pandemic. I will go and pick up a Starbucks for my wife and look in amazement as there are 35 cars idling in the drive-through wasting their five dollar a gallon Pennsylvania gas while I pull and walk in and I’m out of there before two cars have moved.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
CoolRich, I think I married her sister. *sigh*

She has several, so it's distinct possibility. Wink

One time, one of her sisters was giving me an earful about my failings. I interrupted her and said "Did you know we're not married?" She says "That's a stupid question." I said "OK. Good. Because only one sister gets to nag me, and it's not you." Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6371 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

Because only one sister gets to nag me
Her Navajo name is "Four Horses." Nag, nag, nag, nag.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post