SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People skipping virtual interviews
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People skipping virtual interviews Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I was asked to help interview some of the contractors that we needed. I am no longer invited as an interviewer.

I asked to many technical and what would you do in this sort of situation questions.

Some of the those contractors are so worthless, and cause so much problems that I would rather do their work on my own time to keep the trouble down to a minimum. Even the end users come up to me when the contractors are coming to them and telling them no thanks we want our regular tech doing the work.

I end up telling the contractors that have to work in my area, they can call me anytime day or night if they are unsure of any problems, or need an answer for something, and I will never get mad at them for waking me up in the middle of the night, but if they fuck something up I will give them hell.

I will admit I don't play well with others, but I want the job done right the first time.

Posts: 479 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Skip a virtual interview and you can skip a real job

I’ve done a lot of screenings of potential employees and I’m the one and done kind of person

Blow me off on an interview and you’re toast

Posts: 53888 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post