SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another Yelp Review. Pollo Tropical This Time.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Yelp Review. Pollo Tropical This Time. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Pollo Tropical does sell some tasty chicken. Pretty good, if you are able to actually get what you order. Here's my Yelp review:
quote:
I gave up on this miserable excuse for a restaurant quite a while ago. They never, repeat NEVER, gave me a correct order.

Today, my spouse decided to pick up a meal for us on the way home. And of course, a simple order was wrong. As usual.

The order was for the Mango Habanero BBQ Pollo + Pork Duo, which is CLEARLY shown on the menu as having both chicken and Mojo Roast Pork (for when you can't decide between chicken and pork).

The chicken was there. The side dish was there. Pork? Not a trace. Not a molecule. I guess two out of three ain't bad, in fact it's better than usual for this place.

As soon as the error was discovered at home, a telephone call was placed. Of course, there was no answer, not unusual, see some of the other reviews. A message was left, requesting a call-back. That was two hours ago; we are still waiting.

Money wasted. Time wasted (did I mention the interminable wait for the glacially slow service?).

My advice: don't bother. You won't get what you ask (and pay) for.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30642 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Los Pollos Hermanos is the best!!!!

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Does make-believe chicken satisfy your hunger?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30642 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It was so bad here, they closed down after the nothing but bad reviews.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Eagle eye there Vtail!!

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

It was so bad here, they closed down after the nothing but bad reviews.
Give shitty service, go out of business. That's the way it should be.

It's really too bad that the service is so crappy because the food is tasty, if you actually get what you order.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm at the point in my life where I check my order before I leave the restaurant.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
All the Pollo Tropical’s closed in Georgia a couple of years ago. Terrible place.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I'm at the point in my life where I check my order before I leave the restaurant.
I generally do that, too.

Another family member picked up this order.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

All the Pollo Tropical’s closed in Georgia a couple of years ago. Terrible place.
Very tasty food. Absolutely shitty service. Burger King level service would be an improvement. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Should have gotten a tuna sub from Subway...

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I always eat inside when I get fast food. Much faster/easier to check what I got.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: “I guess two out of three ain't bad, in fact it's better than usual for this place.”

I liked that part. A nice touch!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
… Here's my Yelp review:

Great review. Well done.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
We had two Pollo tropical’s here, and both closed and sat unused for about two years. However a new chain suspiciously selling almost the same menu finally took over the vacant buildings and is called Hawaiian Bro’s. I have yet to try out the menu, But I’ve heard good things.

Posts: 2008 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yep, there were a ton around here and they all shut down. Most are now Del Taco places.

I never got around to trying it, the wife loves Del Taco though

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Should have gotten a tuna sub from Subway...

I saw what you did there!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Hahaha, it does about as well as the Mojo Pork you paid for!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Three days after my review (see the original post in this thread) went live, I received the following:
quote:
Hi there! We are sorry to hear that you haven't experienced the best service when visiting our location. We value your feedback and will be taking measures to rectify this matter. If you can please check your inbox, we would like to make matters right.
Looking at many reviews on yelp.com for this restaurant, I see numerous negatives, many (most?) of which are answered by the owner with the same phrase: "We value your feedback and will be taking measures to rectify this matter." It sure does not look as if the "measures to rectify this matter" have done any good, judging from the number of times that this is repeated.

Their idea of "making things right" is to send me a $15.00 gift card.

I thought about offering it as a karma, but I'm afraid that it would be bad karma. But, if anyone wants it, just speak up. If more than one person asks for it, I'll figure a way to choose.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים