SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Websites and Apps that don't function correctly...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Websites and Apps that don't function correctly... Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
This has been a pet peeve of mine for quite a while, but really seems to be getting much worse lately!

I just got a new e-mail address and am having to update it in all the websites where I have accounts. Several now have simply failed to function; i.e., will not update, returns an error when I try to login, clicking the "submit" or "save" button does nothing! Totally pisses me off!

Oh, and apps on my phone that don't work right... you name how they can possibly screw up and I likely have experienced that recently!

This brings up a philosophy I was raised with; "If you are going to do a job, do it right or not at all."

[rant over for the moment]

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I add to your rant and include companies that force you to use their APP vs having a functioning website? I don't want to download your stupid bloatware app for one single transaction. Just let me go to a website that is simple/clean and functions.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Agreed!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a couple apps for work that always seemed to work fine.

Over the last month or so there’s an update it seems like every day and nothing works the way it should…. If it’s working fine leave it alone!

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:

We have a couple apps for work that always seemed to work fine.

Over the last month or so there’s an update it seems like every day and nothing works the way it should…. If it’s working fine leave it alone!
Fix it until it breaks. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find many mobile websites having non closeable pop ups and other handicapped tools blocking access to search/filter/etc buttons.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you don't mention which cell phone, or how old you have.......old phones lose functionality when some apps update!!

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Websites and Apps that don't function correctly
This is what happens when software development is outsourced to the low bidder (usually offshore).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
you don't mention which cell phone, or how old you have.......old phones lose functionality when some apps update!!

iPhone 12S Plus...

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Websites and Apps that don't function correctly
This is what happens when software development is outsourced to the low bidder (usually offshore).

And sometimes the low bidder is the guy they really want to do it so they set up a fake bid system so he is the low bidder. The shills raise their bids to make sure he's the lowest.

I've been personally involved in this a few times so I know what I'm talking about.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post