SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    DRLs are NOT headlights!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DRLs are NOT headlights! Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Several Motorcycle aftermarket tail lights do this, to get the attention of the driver behind them, some offer different programable patterns.
I had "FireFly" devices on my motorcycles. During daylight, it would rapidly modulate the intensity of the high beam headlight, to make the motorcycle more visible to car / truck drivers.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see this a lot at work.

Dash illuminates 24/7. Car maybe has DRLs or doesn't. Extremely bright dash (for DAYLIGHT) should be a clue, but isn't.

A lot of folks that have the headlight switch to the parking lights setting and are very hard to convince that it's not their low beams. Have them turn the lights to "on" and the brights are on. Then they don't know how to disable the brights (which is about as universal as turn signals).

It puzzles me.

When I started it was about a 90% reliable indicator of a drunk driver. Now it's not uncommon for me to stop four or five of them on a busy night in our downtown and find them all sober.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My Malibu has the opposite issue. The dash lights go into night mode too easily & the dash is incredibly difficult to read in daylight.
Even with direct sunlight, it takes a while to go back to day mode with brighter illumination.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post