SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Political E-Mails and Texts...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Political E-Mails and Texts... Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Looks like I may need to setup a new e-mail account as political e-mails are completely drowning it! The text situation on my phone is growing daily also.

As much as I love my REAL president, Donald Trump, e-mails from him or his supporters make up nearly 50% of what gets filtered into the junk folder. I can only read so many of them, and EVERY bloody one wants a financial donation. Hell, I can't support myself and my wife, much less think of making political contributions!!!

Enough!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4548 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your frustration, Somewhere along the line I responded to a political(Republican) survey and they have your email. It's been really bad this primary season and I expect it to the mid-terms. Don't know what to do about it though.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I like our governor, Ron DeSantis, but multiple daily emails asking for money are not welcome. Ron's personal income is way more than mine. I finally decided to unsubscribe to the emails.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I like our governor, Ron DeSantis, but multiple daily emails asking for money are not welcome. Ron's personal income is way more than mine. I finally decided to unsubscribe to the emails.

Every time I "unsubscribe", the e-mails seem to get worse, but mostly from less legitimate senders! Seems I'm just confirming a valid e-mail address which then gets sold off to a new listing.

I set up message filters to dump many of them directly into the junk folder, but that shit gets old because there are so many new senders, which means new filters!!! Mad

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4548 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Used to get bombarded with these shit everyday. As far as I'm concerned, none of these emails or texts are ever from Trump, or even his "supporters". They are all from RINO/RNC/establishment grifter scumbags. For texts, they all get blocked. For emails, they're reported as Spam, not ubsubscribed. Once in a while, some do get through, but they have mostly vanished.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
If you get a new phone number, don't give it out except to very close family, friends, work etc. I have one.

Get a Google phone number, it's basically equivalent to getting a burner email address.

As long as you use it, you can keep the Google phone number.

You can Google for a Google phone number (no pun intended) search for "how to get a free google phone number".

Here is a link https://www.lifewire.com/get-a...phone-number-5211558

Posts: 11811 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Looks like I may need to setup a new e-mail account as political e-mails are completely drowning it! The text situation on my phone is growing daily also.

As much as I love my REAL president, Donald Trump, e-mails from him or his supporters make up nearly 50% of what gets filtered into the junk folder. I can only read so many of them, and EVERY bloody one wants a financial donation. Hell, I can't support myself and my wife, much less think of making political contributions!!!

The NRA has been calling me everyday for the past week. I finally answered and interrupted the nice person from her script and aggrevatedly requested them to stop calling or I'd quit. Haven't heard back since.

Enough!!!

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I donated monthly to Trump's 2020 re-election campaign via winred.com (RNC fundraising platform). Winred took that as an invitation to spam text me a dozen times a day with about 12 people's name (Donald, Jr, Ivanka, Rudy G, etc). Then, they started spam texting me for elections in other states Roll Eyes

No matter what settings I selected on the website it wouldn't stop. Finally, I put a fake phone number in there.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
What seems to work for me is when I see [couple a day]
I flag to spam folder.That thing gets dumped on Sunday.
It has atleast 60 and as many as 140.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I deleted 307 yesterday. Yes I did count them. And if you have more than one email address it's obviously worse.

I run my day from Midnight to Midnight and delete after midnight. I'm still up so I do that.

That doesn't count the legitimate emails I read and delete daily.

The especially irritating thing is I get 5 or 6 every day from Gee Your McAfee Has Expired. Also some Wild Seafood email, at least 5 or 6 of those each day. These are EXACTLY alike, nothing different, sent around the clock.

There are others that are duplicates every day.

No one cares on the sending end, they're just obtaining email lists from the dark web, or wherever, and slamming the out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No effort is made to clean up the duplicates, they don't give a crap.

I've always believed emails should be free to send, but these assholes ought to be hunted down and terminated with extreme prejudice as well as being fined $1.00 or more for each email they blast out. I don't know but I figure these lying cheating thieving shitheads are blasting out hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, each day.

It has gone beyond an inconvenience, and this includes the spam texts and the robocalls. There is no honor, no truth, no honesty in what these bastards are doing. They're just thieves.

I was in my doctors office and I asked Doc about his experience. He said his cell phone rings all the time and they distract him from what he's doing as well as waste valuable and precious irreplaceable time.

I've always known to carefully check the spam and trash email boxes for legitimate emails, but that's getting so run over I just delete them without even looking.

These cretins should leave the rank of the living. Gone. No more.

And to add insult to this, the email providers want me to pay them a monthly sum to "stop the spam". Screw you guys, making extra money from shit you allow to get through. You're just as guilty as the scum who sends the spam.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I keep an aol email address for this purpose.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I emailed my Congressman about a problem. Since then, my email address (that I use for virtually nothing) has been deluged (up to 200 emails a day) with assorted email shite.

Coincidence? I think not.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Reading some of these posts, specifically OKCGene's, I started to think about the email spam problem.

It seems to me that a fairly simple solution would be for ISPs to start charging on a per-addressee basis.

Maybe allow a reasonable number, say fifty or so, per day as part of the monthly service fee, but charge 50¢ or a buck for each addressee in excess of fifty.

That would be ample for most personal use, and even for a lot of small business purposes, but would be a significant charge for spammers and even advertisers like Amazon and other mass mailers. Where is it written that email advertising should be free, when advertising via other media is charged for?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Just looked at my email again.

Had a couple with subject line about politics.

Opened the email and the only thing there was a clicky pic to get a free Chevron gas card.

The bastards can't even get that right.

How much of a moron would a person be to open an email with a political title and find get a free gas card be?

I know there are a lot of gullible naive people, but do they think someone with 2 working brain cells would fall for that?