SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Wife's Bonus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife's Bonus Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted
The bosses have been telling my wife and all of their employees bonuses will be paid out today. She is a manager in corporate accounting. She has direct reports. The only issue is, no one know how much the bonuses will be. It's a big "mystery".

Well, I checked our bank balance today. The mystery is over I guess. I told her not to spend it all in one place. Eek

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
DANG!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that isn't a test deposit? Maybe it's coming from a different account than normal payroll.

I know that when setting up new accounts you sometimes have to wait for these test deposits to clear before the accounts are officially linked for larger transfers.

Hopefully that's the case here, or something similar.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Hopefully that is just a test transaction deposit to the bank.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I am sure it is something like a test deposit. I just think it's funny. I sent the screenshot to my wife. She hasn't responded yet.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Yeah, I am sure it is something like a test deposit. I just think it's funny. I sent the screenshot to my wife. She hasn't responded yet.

You might turn on the news. Or a scanner.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12408 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
wait until you pay the taxes on that, gonna really cut it down ...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Well this is odd. FedEx dropped off a letter a short while ago. Inside the letter was an envelope with a check in it. I opened it. The check was significantly more than the direct deposit! I am very, very pleasantly surprised!

Might have to take the family out to dinner!

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If that's for real, she should be polishing up her resume.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If that's for real, she should be polishing up her resume.

And taking a fresh post-it pad home with her.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
True story. I was part of a management meeting that was detailing the new org charts. A dude in the room asked. “I don’t see me on the chart, where do I fall?”

Answer was “Well I am glad you noticed. You no longer have a place on this chart and consequently this organization.”

It was HORRIBLE yet strangely awesome in an evil way.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
wait until you pay the taxes on that, gonna really cut it down ...
It's the FICA and MediCare deductions that will really hurt.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
A company I used to work at had a practice of not telling you what your raise would be, rather you found out on the paycheck stub.
The foreman of my department found out about his 7 cents per hour payraise that way. I mean, 7 cents? The guy was hands on and taught everything he knew to us, we would work to a drop for him. Hell of a foreman.
Anyway he went straight to the owner who cautioned him not to tell anyone about it. The foreman's answer to him was classic. "Don't worry; I'm just as ashamed of it as you are".

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Way back in the day, I got put on a committee that evaluated our division’s performance against its goals in order to calculate the amount of the bonus for the division’s employees.

Between our performance and the amount of $$ coming from corporate, the bonus payout would’ve been $35 per employee. I joked to our CFO that, between check processing and postage, it didn’t seem worth the effort.

He must have agreed because the next day he reported our division missed its goal and there would be no bonus. Eek

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool! Tell them that you want the $0.01 in the form of a 1943 copper penny.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My buddy was working on an oil & gas project out of a design office in London. Crazy expensive compared to any of the oil & gas towns in the US and they were only getting a $51 per day per diem to offset the cost of living. Complaints were abundant and management had a study performed. The senior executive bragged that leadership had agreed with them and they would be happy with the result of the study. Darn near had a mutiny when the penny pinchers came back at $53 per day as the $2 per day was considered a slap in the face.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
We failed to meet our "Metrics" one quarter...

At the quarterly meeting the head of HR actually handed out Payday candy bars in lieu of a bonus. It did not go over well... The room full of mostly redneck Tennessee hicks did not find it funny... at all. Most everyone refused the candy bar and a couple of the more raw guys ask the HR bitch if she knew what she should do with it.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That beats me, I have had some stock dividend checks for .13cents.
For years I did not cash them, now they can take your stock if you do not. Makes me feel like an idiot cashing a check for that amount.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post