SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    IRS debit cards in the mail today ( not mine)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IRS debit cards in the mail today ( not mine) Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
I got two income tax return debit cards in mail today. Not
me, correct address but two names I've never heard of.

I did try calling irs but I got tired of waiting. I'll try again tonite.
I wonder why my address was chosen.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you have patience. The wait time is about one and one half hours. Sounds like a scam to me.
Try this link for more information:
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/nb...-debit-card/2384636/

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Do yourself a favor and shred them and forget about it. They aren't yours so why waste any of your time with the IRS.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
But, what if, this was a clerical error and someone needing those funds was being affected? Wouldn't you want to speak to the IRS and make sure those cards got to the right people?

Visit your own local IRS location and let them know about this.

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for IRS Debit Cards also;

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc161

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Your SS# too?

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/

see if their names pop up an address close to you.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Give it back to the mailman "return to sender".

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Japanese names?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Saturday morning I brought the letters to my post office to return to sender. The postal worker asked me wait and came back with another postal guy. The postal worker said that they have several of these letters that others brought in. And some that their carriers brought back undeliverable and there is a fraud case in Albuquerque and he thinks its virus money not an income tax return.
The post office guy said the criminals have a facebook group where covid money scams and instructions are posted. Postal guy said the crooks are having virus money sent to vacant houses, house that are for sale and random homes hoping the home owner will put it back in the mailbox to return to sender with the flag up.
Criminals he said will come back to retrieve letter.

Link to Albuquerque case.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico...vestigation/6117257/

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post