SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Burger King Around Here Will NOT Re-Open Their Dining Rooms!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burger King Around Here Will NOT Re-Open Their Dining Rooms! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I just don't get it. McDonald's, Chick-fil-A and all the rest around here have been open for months or even a year now now but every BK in this area refuses to open for dine-in. Mad

I had a colonoscopy on Wednesday and was really jonesing for a Whopper on the way home (after basically not being allowed to eat for two days) after my wife picked me up. We find the nearest BK and lo and behold, they AREN'T FRICKEN OPEN FOR DINE-IN, and the drive through line is 30 cars deep as a result and as usual...NOT MOVING.

BK SUCKS at the drive-through biz so we just said screw it and stopped at a Wawa instead.

It just irks the shit out of me that these places still use the excuse of "we don't have enough people to have the dining room open" while other fast food places have figured it out. It's just laziness if you ask me.

BK will always be playing second fiddle to their competition with this attitude IMO.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
In a way, both you and the place are right. They don’t have enough people because people are lazy to work.

We’ve had a McDonald’s open here and then one time for several weeks, the dining room was roped off. It was just drive through and take out. Same with a Popeyes Chicken which reverted to only drive through after we’ve dined in a couple of times.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
All the BKs around here are open for dine in.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's just laziness if you ask me.

Says the guy trying to buy fast food. Wink
Probably did you a favor. Fast food will kill you faster than whatever they can find in a colonoscopy.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
The two Burger Kings near me both have their dining rooms open, but the two Arby's and the two Wendy's are one open, one not.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Problem is his local franchisee,

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'll go farther and say that all the fast food places, Mickey D's, Wendy's, Taco Smell, Arby's, on and on, all of them are open for dine in around here.

Having said that, I don't call it dining, when I'm at one of the fast food joints, I call it eating.

I call it dining when I'm at a more elegant place.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
It's about 75% open here, but some still not. Have a friend who owns a sit-down Steak and Shake, they've still not been able to keep enough employees to return to full service, had to go to drivethru and counter service only. And they are paying stupid money by old standards.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I call it dining when I'm at a more elegant place

^^^^^^^^^^^^
There was a man in Russia who was distraught over the closure of McDonalds. He stated that he DINED there everyday. I had the same reaction. It is not even eating it is more like snarfing down food.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I had a fasting blood draw this morning.

Afterwards, I stopped at Mickey D's for an Egg McMuffin seeing as my usual go to (Denny's, for steak and eggs...) never opened after the WuFlu.

NO ONE at the register, someone in the back would holler "The kiosks are open!"

Yeah well, the user interface on your kiosks fucking blows. I've been around computers in one fashion or another since AOL was a thing, and I couldn't figure out how to say "I'm done ordering, I'd like to pay now."

Then again, maybe I've just gotten stupider as I've gotten older, but I gave up and stood there like a doofus until someone finally waited on me.

On the plus side, they haven't figured out how to fuck up a McMuffin. Yet.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well they never tested those things with real people. I deal with that crap all the time. Software that is not intuitive. They should know better.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BKs are mostly open for indoor dining - all of the mcdonalds I've seen locally are NOT. Drive through only.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Get the McD app Paul. You can get a breakfast sandwich every day for $2. Order on there and pick up at drive through or curbside or dine in. Pay there or with a card.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Get the McD app Paul. You can get a breakfast sandwich every day for $2. Order on there and pick up at drive through or curbside or dine in. Pay there or with a card.

I might be reduced to grabbing a bite at McD 2-3 times a year...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
PASig,

Why so butthurt? Razz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
haha JUST had some anal probing.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Some here do the same. I won't go.

If you have space for a dine in, and were designed for a dine in, then have a dine in. If you don't, I won't patronize your drive through.

(Especially at work since I'll be damned if I'm gonna drive through anywhere and get spit (or worse) in my food at a drive through.

We're all capitalists right? Let's let the market decide. I'm gonna do my part.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s best to skip places that don’t offer the service you desire. Let them suffer for that choice. If you do chose to sit in that drive thru line at least use the website on your receipt to complain about not having the indoor dining open. I use the comments to complain about that and have actually received a few replies from managers. Most cite not having staff. That be due to the option of sitting around stoned living on tax dollars.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 330 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
It would not surprise me to see fast food dining in going away permanently in some regions and chains. I suspect the pandemic demonstrated that profit was higher after the staff reductions from closing the dining area and restrooms, particularly in states with high minimum wage laws.

I look to see new fast-food joints built like the original McDonalds, take out only, but with a drive through window.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The owner of one of the local fast-food franchises stated that she has no intention of reopening the eat-in portion of her operation.

Ever since closing the eat-in area and going to take-out and drive-through only, her total sales have not increased, but her profits are way up.

She does not have to have staff to keep the eating area clean, restroom maintenance is way down, no endless refills for soft drinks, no litter to pick up in the eating area, her business is much simpler and requires fewer employees.

NOTE: No link, this is not from a news source, it is from a personal conversation with the franchise owner.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post