SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Burger King Around Here Will NOT Re-Open Their Dining Rooms!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burger King Around Here Will NOT Re-Open Their Dining Rooms! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So... they've now figured out how the first McDonalds worked. Next, they'll trim the menu down to just a burger, fries, and one brand of soda, and they'll have gone full circle.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The local Chick-fil-a has gone double drive through and has only about ten seats in the “dine in” area. The local Arby’s closes once in a while without enough staff.

The local Burger Kings are all folding up. Food not good, restaurant interiors dated and dirty.

Meanwhile, the true sit-down restaurants are charging $12-15 for a hamburger.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Our two closest MacDs are also no dine in.

The Taco Bell near us closes at 4 p.m. WTH?

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Where I live,it's McDonalds that won't open their dining rooms. The local Firehouse Subs is open for a couple of weeks and then they close their dining room for a couple of weeks, and then they wash and repeat for no reason. All the other sandwich and fast food shops are open.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Most near me are not open inside and drive-thru is slow as molasses.

The other day there were only 2 cars in line so I pull in line and order on the app. The line moved really quick and the car ahead of me must have only ordered a coke. The speaker comes on and I say "mobile order." Speaker says "sorry, we're closed - no help." Shit! I already paid in the app and used a coupon.

There's customer service thing in the app and I almost immediately got an email that my order was refunded and here's a $5 we suck coupon.

I placed an order on the app while in Florida this summer and the order went to my local store in NC. BK's app doesn't know where you are like McD's does. Got an almost instant refund that time too.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
EVERYTHING is open here... Except Zaxby's.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The owner of one of the local fast-food franchises stated that she has no intention of reopening the eat-in portion of her operation.

Ever since closing the eat-in area and going to take-out and drive-through only, her total sales have not increased, but her profits are way up.

She does not have to have staff to keep the eating area clean, restroom maintenance is way down, no endless refills for soft drinks, no litter to pick up in the eating area, her business is much simpler and requires fewer employees.

NOTE: No link, this is not from a news source, it is from a personal conversation with the franchise owner.

That is I surmised many places have decided. Folks have been conditioned to drive through, making more money so won’t reopen indoor dining.

Their choice, if business is that good than they won’t be needing my money.

I don’t eat in my car and on the rare occasions I get fast food I am not going to take it home to be cold and soggy by the time I eat it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I don’t eat in my car and on the rare occasions I get fast food I am not going to take it home to be cold and soggy by the time I eat it.

I'm with you. If they go to drive thru only around here, I'll never go to a fast food place.

At the early point in the pandemic, the place I like to go did close dine in and I didn't even go near the place until they re opened it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash-LB,

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Y'all are slippin'. I can't believe no one has yet to post this...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Burger King has NEVER been good at drive through operations.

McDonalds has gotten way better and their new standard is dual ordering lanes and we all know CFA has it down to a science. BK has always taken forever to get you food via the drive through, it’s like they just don’t care.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

McDonalds has gotten way better and their new standard is dual ordering lanes and we all know CFA has it down to a science.
Setting food quality aside for discussion about apps and drive-through service, McDonald's is head and shoulders above Chick-Fil-A on these points.

Heresy, yeah, but using the Chick-Fil-A app to order ahead, it's still a hassle when I arrive there. Two choices:
  1. Pick up the order at the drive-through window. What's the point? There is no time saved by using the app to pre-order and pre-pay, vs. just being a standard drive-through customer.

2. Park and go inside, to pick up the order. This might save a little time, depending on how many people are standing on line to place orders, but it's a hassle for me. I have hardware implants in my hip and thigh, I have lousy balance and walking is not easy, especially if I have to negotiate the step of a curb, so I try to use handicap parking. Many of the Chick-Fil-A location parking areas are laid out by idiots, such that you have to break through the line of vehicles for drive-through in order to get to handicap parking, and access is dependent on the courtesy of drivers in the drive-through lanes; this courtesy is frequently non-existent.
On the other hand, the McDonald's app is really thought out better, with three options when you arrive; go inside or use the drive-through, similar to Chick-Fil-A, or the third option, much better for those of us who are mobility limited, park in a designated slot, easy in and easy out, and a McDonald's worker brings the order to you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I ate at a Wendys. The side exit door led right into the drive thruough lane. Two steps that's all. Great planning there.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
From what I have seen the double order lines at several different fast food operations have not been any improvement no matter the brand name of the operation because of the order takers cannot hear or speak clear English / cannot and do not seem to know how to operate the order computer / and if you do not give exact money payment the pay window operators they are totally lost because the computer did not give instruction as how much change to return.. and for the use of the dinning room kiosk for ordering is a copout for employees to not do their job.... when they put me on the payrool to do their job then maybe.... just like I tell them and other business who are forcing the customers to do their jobs by using the computers to save more money for profit and shareholders and not having to pay a employee wages and provide benefits.......... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Several years ago I ate at a Wendys. The side exit door led right into the drive thruough lane. Two steps that's all. Great planning there.

I read that and was amazed because a Wendy's one of my weekly shooting group adjourns to after shooting each week for coffee is exactly the same. Two steps and you're in the drive thru lane.

I'm wondering now if a lot of the Wendy's are built to a standard set of blueprints.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I haven’t been to a Burger King in a year. Probably never will again. I just don’t see the point of patronizing a company so overtly opposed to my values while there are so many other, much better, choices available.

Burger King is promising to donate to an LGBTQ group for every chicken sandwich sold 'even on Sundays' amid calls to boycott Chick-fil-A

https://news.yahoo.com/burger-...lgbtq-124000997.html

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Not really the point of the thread, but just thought I'd add that I believe that the Whopper with cheese was the best large chain burger. It never failed to deliver.

I hadn't had one in years though as we don't have fast food places in Podunkville. I was in the big city today though and got to thinking about this thread as I was driving by BK and thought I'd swing by for a Whopper.

Awful. Just plain awful. Stale bun, wafer thin hunk of meat that did not taste flame broiled, wilted lettuce, and tasteless tomato. My how far they have fallen. Good thing there is a local non-chain burger joint up there that makes a great cheeseburger. I won't be going back to BK.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Setting food quality aside for discussion about apps and drive-through service, McDonald's is head and shoulders above Chick-Fil-A on these points.

Heresy, yeah, but using the Chick-Fil-A app to order ahead, it's still a hassle when I arrive there. Two choices:
  1. Pick up the order at the drive-through window. What's the point? There is no time saved by using the app to pre-order and pre-pay, vs. just being a standard drive-through customer.

2. Park and go inside, to pick up the order. This might save a little time, depending on how many people are standing on line to place orders, but it's a hassle for me. I have hardware implants in my hip and thigh, I have lousy balance and walking is not easy, especially if I have to negotiate the step of a curb, so I try to use handicap parking. Many of the Chick-Fil-A location parking areas are laid out by idiots, such that you have to break through the line of vehicles for drive-through in order to get to handicap parking, and access is dependent on the courtesy of drivers in the drive-through lanes; this courtesy is frequently non-existent.
On the other hand, the McDonald's app is really thought out better, with three options when you arrive; go inside or use the drive-through, similar to Chick-Fil-A, or the third option, much better for those of us who are mobility limited, park in a designated slot, easy in and easy out, and a McDonald's worker brings the order to you.

The CFA’s around here all let you park and enter space number in the app, then bring to your car.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

The CFA’s around here all let you park and enter space number in the app, then bring to your car.
That's the way that it should work! McDonald's locations in this area do it that way; Chick-Fil-A does not, at least not at any of the locations that I have been to.

Maybe I'll send a V-Tail-gram to the Chick-Fil-A mother ship, if I can find an email address for them, and ask about it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Wulp...all I gotta say is if drive-thru traffic is gonna increase 3 to 5 fold, then something needs to be done about the wait time. It's called "fast food"...with "FAST" being the operative word. I loves me some Whataburger, but it was EXTREMELY unacceptable to sit in a line of cars for 20+ minutes for my burger and fries today. At 2 o'clock in the afternoon!!!!! Mad I could understand if it was the lunch hour rush.

These places are gonna have to re-design/re-engineer their drive thru plan if they desire to stay in business. Fortunately, Texas (at least in my area) isn't a land of stupidity and hasn't shut down indoor dining in most places...at least in the burger joints I visit on an infrequent basis, which is about once a month.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post